• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Accounts for the year to 20 July 2023 published

Considering Gary had loaned the club £192k interest free for many years, he’s now loaned the club an extra £700k!!

What interest rate would Ron Martin get from a bank? 😂
Interesting there are now bank loans showing on the balance sheet.

16% interest is pretty high!

Probably reflects a poor credit rating.

For sure, it's in the mix - but for example the sterling junk bond index yields around 9% - so 16% is still high in that context.

Presumably the debt (and interest as it doesn't look like it is currently being paid?) will be converted into equity in the debt to equity exchange - so it's in GL's interest to have as high an interest rate as possible.

The other director owed cash looks like he's not charging interest - although also doesn't look like he's put in additional cash during that accounting period

Mr Lockett of the consortium charging the club around 16% interest on his loans

View attachment 32383
People said oh Gary is one of the good guys. Jury’s out. Part of the old regime, puppet director to Ron. Yes he’s lent the club money but this level of interest demonstrates it’s business not benevolence too. Personally prefer he was nothing to do with the new consortium

And people said oh Gary is a good guy blah blah when I questioned it. Part of the old regime, puppet director to Ron and this demonstrates a self interest too. Wish he was nothing to do with the new consortium
To be fair, he's also put cash in, far more then any ordinary fan will over thier lifetime - but previously I think that cash had no interest attached.

Hes not taking cash out of the club - the interest isn't being paid, but accrued.

To be fair, he's also put cash in, far more then any ordinary fan will over thier lifetime - but previously I think that cash had no interest attached.

Hes not taking cash out of the club - the interest isn't being paid, but accrued.
I wonder if he’s doing some kind of debt to equity swap as part of him joining the consortium?

I wonder if he’s doing some kind of debt to equity swap as part of him joining the consortium?
Yes I speculated on that earlier - maybe he's now 'charging interest' to maximise his position in the debt to equity swap. Although that may complicate things as he may then hold shares in the club directly and as part of the consortium?

And he was probably told he would be paid back in 6-8 weeks 😉

People said oh Gary is one of the good guys. Jury’s out. Part of the old regime, puppet director to Ron. Yes he’s lent the club money but this level of interest demonstrates it’s business not benevolence too. Personally prefer he was nothing to do with the new consortium
Do you actually know Gary ? Your perception of him would change if you did. He is a hardened supporter and has been for many years. I would certainly want him to remain as a member of the Consortium.

I really don’t understand any of it so am reliant on all of you guys to explain the finer details.
All I read in the total figure of debt owed

I'm not overly keen on him either but I don't have the level hate I have towards the rat to him. The fact he sat back watched the rat dismantle the club over the years doesn't sit well with me.

I'm not overly keen on him either but I don't have the level hate I have towards the rat to him. The fact he sat back watched the rat dismantle the club over the years doesn't sit well with me.
I don't think there was anything he could do as the Rat had a controlling share

I don't think there was anything he could do as the Rat had a controlling share
Maybe but if he is this so called passionate sufc fan as portrayed surely he would of spoken out against the running of the club atleast. Feels to me he was just happy to sit back let sufc go to the wall but same time I'm not sure what his real involvement with the club was so I dont want to be to overly critical.

Give me examples of where he sat back please.

Back