• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News 2024/25 Season Tickets. All Now Ready For Collection.

Yes - or the "Spam" folder - look in any and all folders that you have. It may have ended up in an unusual place. [thumbs up]
Have looked everywhere - even behind the wardrobe, but no luck. Will try to phone or pop down to the club later.

Last year, they managed to sell our 20+ year season ticket seats to someone else!

Last edited:
By Southend United FC

The Club are recruiting for a number of Turnstile Operators ahead of the new season.

Read information on the role and how to apply below.
colour-logo.svg

Job Description

Position: Turnstile Operator
Reporting to: Ticket Office Manager
Location: Roots Hall Stadium, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6NQ
Working Arrangements: On site
Employment Type: Home match days casual work

The primary role is to provide a high level of care, comfort and wellbeing to all persons attending Roots Hall Stadium.

Turnstile Operators should present themselves in a positive, courteous and professional manner at all times, and be focused on maximising every opportunity to enhance the customer experience.

The main duties of a Turnstile Operator are:

· To provide an excellent service to home and away supporters.
· To attend the pre-match briefing as given by the Safety Officer on match days and to understand the ticketing arrangements for each fixture.
· To correctly sign on duty, indicate availability for next games and correctly sign off duty when duties have been concluded.
· To ensure that the area around their designated turnstile is clear of obstructions and operates freely - any issues must be reported to the Turnstile Supervisors immediately.
· To correctly operate the respective ticket scanning device.
· To work with Safety Stewards and Security Officers on duty at turnstiles to prevent those persons refused entry for any reason from gaining access to the stadium.

Turnstile operators are not expected to enforce breaches of ground regulations. Stadium ejections are the role of specially trained Security Officers. No previous experience is required as full training will be provided.

Skills & Knowledge Required

· Have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
· To remain calm and efficient and be able to work under pressure.
· Have a polite and courteous manner.
· Be able to adapt to different and changing situations.
· Be flexible to work in different locations within Stadium.
· Good communication skills.
· Help to manage conflict and demonstrate confidence to challenge inappropriate behaviour.
· Have basic numeracy and literacy skills.

To apply for the role, please email your CV to ticket.officemanager@southend-united.co.uk.

Southend United is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, and promoting based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
colour-logo.svg

On the ticket website, what's the difference between a grey dot and a grey dot with black border? I'm assuming its reserved for last year season ticket and paid up 24/25 season ticket - buy what way around?

On the ticket website, what's the difference between a grey dot and a grey dot with black border? I'm assuming its reserved for last year season ticket and paid up 24/25 season ticket - buy what way around?
Having just renewed mine, with my husband yet to do his - his has a black ring around, and mine doesn't, so it'll be a season ticket seat that has renewed and one that hasn't yet.

Having just renewed mine, with my husband yet to do his - his has a black ring around, and mine doesn't, so it'll be a season ticket seat that has renewed and one that hasn't yet.
See my post above - yet to renew mine and it has a black ring. Black ring = reserved I think, no black ring = bought

Out of interest, I've renewed and received confirmation, but haven't received my QR code. Anyone else in the same boat?

Renewed mine although confused as to whether I’ll be getting a new physical ticket or not. Beginning to think things were better under the old regime.
I'm all for a big demonstration in Australia. We want The Martin's back. I know a song about that sung by The Who. The new boss, same as the old boss. We won't get fooled again.
Seriously though, things to complain about are getting back to normal, pre Ron Martin. We're all the better for it.

Back