• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2014 season

Love the way the defender grabs at thin air, must have wondered where the ball went.

Watched the Packers and Giants games last night. Off to Wembley on Sunday too.

Not a die-hard NFL fan, I enjoy watching it but am no expert and as with all sports I find it hard to get overly excited or passionate about something as a neutral. Certainly enjoy it more than Rugby/Cricket though and looking forward to seeing it played live.

Love the way the defender grabs at thin air, must have wondered where the ball went.

Watched the Packers and Giants games last night. Off to Wembley on Sunday too.

Not a die-hard NFL fan, I enjoy watching it but am no expert and as with all sports I find it hard to get overly excited or passionate about something as a neutral. Certainly enjoy it more than Rugby/Cricket though and looking forward to seeing it played live.

Haha yeah the photo captures the desperation better than the video!

ByFBO-8IEAAq57l.jpg

I can't really stay up late to watch games now, but saw the first half of the seahawks which sounded like it was an excellent finish. I wish I was going to Wembley again - it's a fantastic experience and I'm not a mega fan. I'm definitely going to try and do it again next year because the missus wants to go (Friday Night Lights effect!).

I'm in Las Vegas this weekend so will be making a beeline to a bar for as much of the Sunday football as I can.

This is the first season that I've tried to make a point of following the regular season. Usually I just watch the Play-Offs and maybe a couple of Giants games but the bug has really bit me this time. Found myself watching three games a week at least so far and will get up extra early to watch the Thursday match this week before heading to the airport.

I've not been to one of the Wembley games yet but there was a College Football match in Dublin three weeks ago (Penn State vs UCF) and I really enjoyed it. It's such a great sport but you don't realise it if you just watch the Superbowl every year.

Who Dey!

Was a bit worried about the lack of receivers with our best 3 all injured* but it seems like we've got a $96m one!

*Although AJ Green ended up playing

Im actually enjoying watching it on a Sunday evening after the soccer finishes.

Only year I really watched much was the year the Packers won it, I just happened to watch their first game and then watched each game until the Superbowl. Adopted them as my team, but they now appear to be rubbish :smile:

Im actually enjoying watching it on a Sunday evening after the soccer finishes.

Only year I really watched much was the year the Packers won it, I just happened to watch their first game and then watched each game until the Superbowl. Adopted them as my team, but they now appear to be rubbish :smile:

There is a lot to like about the Packers though and I say that as a fan of their big rivals, the Chicago Bears. Small town team, owned by their fans, great history, great colours, the Lambeau Leap, etc. And they're playing Chicago next week so will most likely get their season back on track.

Good game on Sunday against the Panthers, Bears through it away right at the end. Watched the Packers destroy the Vikings over the weekend as well.

Look at me, I almost sound like a real NFL fan :smile:

Am getting into it now, watching a few games a week at moment.

Good game on Sunday against the Panthers, Bears through it away right at the end. Watched the Packers destroy the Vikings over the weekend as well.

Look at me, I almost sound like a real NFL fan :smile:

Am getting into it now, watching a few games a week at moment.

We certainly did chuck it away; very annoying.

A highlight of my trip to America was spending last Sunday in a bar for loads of games. Awesome atmosphere.

Good to see the Giants turning things around the last few weeks. Should be a tough game on Sunday against the Eagles though.

Id like to go over to the states during football season.

Spent 5 weeks over there in just over a year, all in the summer though and outside of the season.

Might try to get over to New York again in the next year or two and see if I can get to a Giants game.

A highlight of my trip to America was spending last Sunday in a bar for loads of games. Awesome atmosphere.

Know what you mean - I was in New York about ten years ago the same weekend as the Conference Championship games. Just being in a bar, sinking a few and watching the games on the telly was cracking.

Attending a regular season NFL game in the States (preferably at Soldier Field) is near the top of my sporting bucket list.

I'm definitely going to try to tie my next trip to the States in with a game. Either the Giants or I've some friends moving to Seattle soon so maybe the Seahawks. Trouble is that tickets sell out so quickly and so early for those two and a number of other big sides.

Ive been reading Tailgate Heaven, about an English guy going to a game at every stadium.

He talks about using Stubhub to get tickets and he never had any problem getting into any game. For others he just used ticketmaster.

Just had a quick look on there:

San Francisco 49ers at New York Giants Tickets
MetLife Stadium
East Rutherford, NJ
1:00 p.m. EST
Sell See tickets
Priced from: $175.29 USD
3,400 tickets left

Id never heard of it before but its apparently normal over there.

Seahawks is meant to be a great place to go, supposedly the loudest stadium in the league.

Bills nick a road win with a 58 years field goal with 9 seconds left. Could be their first play off season for 14 years or so.
Go Bills

Ive been reading Tailgate Heaven, about an English guy going to a game at every stadium.

He talks about using Stubhub to get tickets and he never had any problem getting into any game. For others he just used ticketmaster.

Just had a quick look on there:

San Francisco 49ers at New York Giants Tickets
MetLife Stadium
East Rutherford, NJ
1:00 p.m. EST
Sell See tickets
Priced from: $175.29 USD
3,400 tickets left

Id never heard of it before but its apparently normal over there.

Seahawks is meant to be a great place to go, supposedly the loudest stadium in the league.

That's really useful. Thanks.

That's really useful. Thanks.

I think what it is is people buy the season tickets and then sell them on, and apparently its normal practice over there. Probably pay a bit more than face value, but for a one off trip not too bad.

Apparently the tailgates arent to be missed either!

Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ
Breaking news: England matches could be taken around the country again from 2018 - if Wembley becomes home to a new NFL franchise #SSNHQ

Well that can be discussed on a few levels...

Back