• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 1998/99 Third shirt

I was sure I was onto something with it being worn at the Gills game. Can't find evidence of it, but it's in my head for a reason. Definitely worn at Scunny though, the highlights of that game are on YouTube.

I really wish it had actually been released publicly, but I've a feeling it wasn't.
It was definitely worn at The Priestfield but (unless I am completely senile) we were actually playing Brighton and Hove Albion. They played their home games there for a couple of seasons, if you remember.

A thing of beauty, in my opinion.

View attachment 27110

However, I believe it was only worn twice - away to Gills in the League Cup (I think), and away at Scunny (definitely - see here).

Was it actually ever put on general sale? It must be the only shirt I can think of in my time supporting the club that I've never seen on eBay or any of the retro football shirt seller websites, and never seen any of our fans wear.

Anybody seen one in the flesh other than at either of the two away games the team wore it for?
Very McLaren Formula one of the same era

I got both the home and away versions. I would have liked the 3rd choice too. The home version was my first home shirt though I've had an away shirt before then which was the red united artists sponsored shirt with amber like stripes.

I've got this Shirt. We also wore it at Carlisle away when we lost 3-0 in our 5th league match of that Season.

Did we wear it opening day of the season away at Scarborough?

IIRC we came from 1-0 down to win 2-1 to fuel dreams that we’d **** this league with goals from Simon Coleman and Julian Hails. I think Scarborough had finished in the playoffs the year before and so seemed a good yardstick except they got relegated instead.

I seem to recall it was some white and grey combination- but that might have just been the relief that it wasn’t the double relegation custard splat monstrosity.
No we wore our new home Shirts that day.

IIRC we came from 1-0 down to win 2-1 to fuel dreams that we’d **** this league with goals from Simon Coleman and Julian Hails. I think Scarborough had finished in the playoffs the year before and so seemed a good yardstick except they got relegated instead.

I seem to recall it was some white and grey combination- but that might have just been the relief that it wasn’t the double relegation custard splat monstrosity.
No we wore our new home Shirts that day.
I thought we wore it at Scarborough but having checked it's pretty unlikely given their home kit that season.

1688718409416.png

Probably the blue version then.

No, but Scarborough wore something very similar!

Attachments

• cFwIx0CXb0iGBEE.jpg
    cFwIx0CXb0iGBEE.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 0
Back