• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youths vs Carlisle

:( I hope they can win this one. Just gutted I have to work tomorrow otherwise I would of gone.

Still 1-0 down at the half. Apparently we're on top in terms of possession but they have been more dangerous in attack. We've also had a goal disallowed.

My take on the game: -

Basically we played well, but just lacked the final killer ball. We tended to overplay it a touch too, plus the Carlisle pitch wasn't exactly conducive to our crisp passing style (welcome to see Ricky Duncan has got them playing that kind of football a la Tilly).

Early goal knocked the stuffing out of them a bit (a terrible defensive mix-up let Carlisle break away), but they then worked their way back into it and went close a couple of times. Had a goal disallowed but to be fair the flag went up an age before the ball hit the net.

2nd half started well and we forced a few corners in succession. Then came the killer blow, the Carlisle No8 scored a brilliant goal, but then ruined it all by an over-exuberant celebration in front of the travelling supporters. As you can imagine, people turned from politely clapping their appreciation of the goal to anger. It also seemed the more annoyed we got the more the Carlisle team wanted to wind us up as 4 or 5 of their players then joined him in giving it the kiss the badge rubbish.

The game then fizzled out with only a couple of chances for each team, the referee didn't really help by allowing Carlisle to get away with some shocking timewasting with no cards shown.

A nice show of appreciation by the team & coaches at the end for the 50 hardy souls who braved the wilds of Carlisle to get to the game! Personally, I blame the defeat on the silver shirts, 2 competitive outings in cup competitions (LDV Final & FAYC5) and two 0-2 defeats :p

Rob Craven's Match Report can be found on the Trust Website by clicking here

Excellent report there by Rob, I should have come over & introduced myself last night.

Any clue who the Scottish "mafia" of older guys were? The ones who needed a rope at HT as the driver of their party had got his Merc stuck in the rather waterlogged car-park next to the CUFC training pitches?

Excellent report there by Rob, I should have come over & introduced myself last night.

Any clue who the Scottish "mafia" of older guys were? The ones who needed a rope at HT as the driver of their party had got his Merc stuck in the rather waterlogged car-park next to the CUFC training pitches?

Cracking Atmosphere from the 60 or so of us there.

Would of been nice to say hello.

Not sure who the Scottish Mafia were, however there was a Scottish Contingent from James Lindie's family there, plus several scouts (now they did look like the mafia :eek: )

That's probably who I mean (although one of their party had a Carlisle Utd coat on).

Scouts? Didn't see any of them in our stand!

No t those sort of scouts :thump:

The group with the baldy guy in the Carlisle Coat were the scouts. Apparently looking at the Carlisle Youngster who scored.

No t those sort of scouts :thump:

The group with the baldy guy in the Carlisle Coat were the scouts. Apparently looking at the Carlisle Youngster who scored.

I knew what you meant! I guess my reputation for general sarcasm goes before me!

Wondered if people might have momentarily mistaken me for a scout as I had my warm Umbro overcoat on (this illusion would have been shattered once I started singing up for Southend & abusing that little dweeb (& his to55er team-mates) who scored :p)

Cheers Glasgow, I do try. I didn't think it were bad considering I wrote it at 4 in the morning when I got back! You should've introduced yourself though - it may have stopped James Lindie's brother being asked if he was GlasgowSUFC by Beaver. His initial reply was 'Yes', until he realised that he was being asked if he the GlasgowSUFC!

And there were a few there to see James Lindie. There have been a number of scouts at our Youth Cup fixtures this season, for good reason. And both the boys up front from Carlisle are being watched closely as well - I imagine there were quite a few in the home end as well.

If anyone's not going to Orient tomorrow, the Under-18s have a League match at Boots & Laces against Wycombe Wanderers, kicking off at 11 o'clock - so you can come along and see the future of SUFC for yourselves (providing the weather doesn't take a monumental turn for the worse).

Back