• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Witham Town FC Vs Southend United

Witham Supporter

Hi All,

I thought id just put a quick message out to all you Shrimpers!!!!!

As you may know we have a friendly arranged with your club on the 11th July 2009 6.00pm Kick off. The reason for this kick off time is that Witham Have a Carnival from 1.00pm and we are trying to attract as many people to the game as possible and we appreicate Steve Tilson doing this for us.

Danny Greaves is our current Manager and an Ex Southend player/Youth Team Coach so it would be good to get a big crowd of Southend Supporters and our local supporters down to help out club get a big crowd.

One thing i can promise is a Great Day out and Good Food and Drink for all of you at a small price of course.... and a chance to see our New programme for the season.

We Hope to see you all at the game!!!

Thanks! Looking forward to it - just down the road from me.

Might need you to loan us some players to fulfill the fixture though!

Hi All,

As you may know we have a friendly arranged with your club on the 11th July 2009 6.00pm Kick off. The reason for this kick off time is that Witham Have a Carnival from 1.00pm and we are trying to attract as many people to the game as possible and we appreicate Steve Tilson doing this for us.

Danny Greaves is our current Manager and an Ex Southend player/Youth Team Coach so it would be good to get a big crowd of Southend Supporters and our local supporters down to help out club get a big crowd.

One thing i can promise is a Great Day out and Good Food and Drink for all of you at a small price of course.... and a chance to see our New programme for the season.

well i wasnt gonna go but now you have said that....

Hi All,

Are there any pubs I should avoid?

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE GAME!

All the pubs are Ok.

Easiest way would be to get the train to Witham and a cab to the ground its about 5 mins drive!

Cheap Beer and Nice food at the club though and hopefully nice weather! Fingers crossed.......

Look forward to seeing as many as possible...

I think the season before last we had a gate of 700, and Mr Tilson Missed the chance of signing Young Cody McDonald who is now at Norwich City!!!!!!!!!

Would have been a cheap signing for you boys!!!!

You never know we might have another like him!!!!

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE GAME!

All the pubs are Ok.

Easiest way would be to get the train to Witham and a cab to the ground its about 5 mins drive!

Cheap Beer and Nice food at the club though and hopefully nice weather! Fingers crossed.......

Look forward to seeing as many as possible...

I think the season before last we had a gate of 700, and Mr Tilson Missed the chance of signing Young Cody McDonald who is now at Norwich City!!!!!!!!!

Would have been a cheap signing for you boys!!!!

!You never know we might have another like him!!!

well if you dont know im not sure how we are supposed to.

It'd be nicer still if Danny hadn't started moaning about Romford deservedly taking their place in the Ryman League. I guess he forgot completely by accident about the teams in Step 3 and above who also groundshare ...

I'll be going to this one, half of the witham team play for my sunday side, hopefully i'll get some great ammo on them like when Spencer Prior had my mate Robbo in his pocket when we played Maldon a couple of seasons back.

The Carnival will start at 1pm from the ground Car park and will go through the whole town and finish at the ground…. The carnival is Loads of local business and Kid groups on floats advertising stuff in the local community.

So we are hoping for a bumper crowd. And if as many of you shrimpers could help Steve Tilson's old senior league club it would really be appreciated. One thing is for sure you will be well looked after

And if that was the case last year, I can guarantee no Witham Town players will not be kicking lumps out of Southend or any team that comes to Spa Road this Season...

(we will be lucky to get that close)

Does Witham Carnival mainly consist of 15/16-year old chavvy girls parading their new-borns around in their new hoody with a can of Stella?

Or possibly a few 17-year olds with a new spoiler and exhaust on their 1992 Fiesta, new 13-year girlfriend on board, en route to Braintree McDonalds?

Last edited:
Does Witham Carnival mainly consist of 15/16-year old chavvy girls parading their new-borns around in their new hoody with a can of Stella?

Oh come on, this is Witham! It's not going to be as upmarket as ours is it? It's bottles of White Lightning up there.

Hi All,

yeah ill be there let just hope its more then last season hey

Back