• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will we reach (relatively speaking) such levels again?

bob474

I think this is probably only my 2nd post on here. This morning I was surfing Sky sports, when I happened across, right of the start, of the EFL league 2 play off final 2014/15. Knowing the result, I thought it would be fun to record it and watch it this evening. I fast forwarded to the best bits and surprisingly, found myself cheering loudly when we scored in the 120th miniute and and again when they missed the penalty, and there was Phil Brown saying "league 1 here we come". What a happy day that was!

As a supporter, for over 60 years, it really saddens me, along with everybody else, to see where we are now. I just hope we get bought and the new buyers are keen to invest in the club to get it back at least into the EFL, where we belong!!

Would like to think so, but do wonder if we'll ever make it to the Championship again. The gap between the Championship and League One is massive now and us being at that level feels like it's a lifetime away.

Sometimes wonder what could have been if Michael Ricketts wasn't fat and Freddy had some support in that first half of 2006/07 and we'd stayed up, where would we be now?

we seemed to turn it on for the bigger teams (Leeds, Southampton, West Brom) and lose to the dross that season
Beat Stoke, Birmingham, QPR and Man U and drew with Spurs also

But yeah we were crap against the dross esp. Col U.

Last edited:
we seemed to turn it on for the bigger teams (Leeds, Southampton, West Brom) and lose to the dross that season
1.08 points per game against the top six, including 3-1 wins over Sunderland and Birmingham who were the two sides who went up automatically.

0.5 points per game against the bottom six (excluding ourselves). Only win we had against any of them was the 5-0 vs QPR.

We played well against the footballing sides but struggled against the more direct and physical sides who just bullied us.

Would like to think so, but do wonder if we'll ever make it to the Championship again. The gap between the Championship and League One is massive now and us being at that level feels like it's a lifetime away.

Sometimes wonder what could have been if Michael Ricketts wasn't fat and Freddy had some support in that first half of 2006/07 and we'd stayed up, where would we be now?
This, league one at best for us, even now with all the rubbish going on the gap widens

This, league one at best for us, even now with all the rubbish going on the gap widens
Nonsense. There’s absolutely no reason at all why we can’t replicate what Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford, and Brighton have done. It may seem a long way off at the moment, I agree. But under the right stewardship, with investment and a new home there’s no reason at all we can’t enjoy similar success in the long-term.

It’s shortsighted to believe we’ll never attain a level higher than League 1. The potential of this club, in the right hands, is enormous.*

*providing it doesn’t go bust first, obviously.

Luton and Coventry cruised through from
L2 (or worse) to the PO final

Back