• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wickford Prison

You'd think prisons would be best placed in remote locations like Dartmoor, or grim barren wastelands up North, thus if anyone escapes they have to go cross country to find civilisation or at least a getaway car can be easily spotted.. Why build one near a train line to London and close to 3 major A roads?

Ultimately its politics from Labour building a prison in an area where there not going to get seats in the next election. They don't want to affect voting in northern areas where they have a chance of still winning seats.

You'd think prisons would be best placed in remote locations like Dartmoor, or grim barren wastelands up North, thus if anyone escapes they have to go cross country to find civilisation or at least a getaway car can be easily spotted.. Why build one near a train line to London and close to 3 major A roads?

Exactly - stick it in the middle of Saddleworth Moor, as others have said, going over there at the weekend reminds you of just how bleak it is. About right for a prison then.

Prison pretty close to me where Ian Huntley is housed I believe. Barely even notice it.

I remember on a flying lesson once myself and my instructor were flying to Sywell (near Northampton), which took us quite close to MK. I noticed a restricted area to the South West of MK, and thought I'd fly around it. My instructor said there was no need since it was only restricted for helicoptors and microlights. The reason was that the prison was directly below, and helicoptors and microlights were able to land and take off again within the length of the recreation area!

Exactly - stick it in the middle of Saddleworth Moor, as others have said, going over there at the weekend reminds you of just how bleak it is. About right for a prison then.

Yes, lets ruin what little we have left of the british countryside.

Especially saddleworth moor, what a horrible place...

saddleworth%20moor.jpg

Back