• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who has been to watch the reserves?

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
Does anyone know much about Kofi Dakinah and Anton Smith who are both trialling with us at the moment. Kofi having played for Walsall and FC Copenhagen could be a solid acquisition.

who are these people... where is anton smith from?

The internet I'd imagine!

Their names were in the team sheet on the Official site and a quick search on Kofi brings up a fair few hits.

He's also played for Kiddies reserves in a trial back in December, where it describes him as ex-walsall.

Kiddie report

There was a good little preview of who was playing for the reserves on the official site yesterday.

That mentioned the Walsall & FC Copenhagen links.

Well, I found this on the sky sports website.

Southend Eye Trial Trio

Southend United have three players on trial at Roots Hall as they look to reinforce their challenge for the automatic promotion spots.
The League Two outfit will be running the rule over Kofi Dakinah and Anton Smith, whilst Paul Benson has returned for a second spell.
Benson currently turns out for Essex non-league side White Ensign, and will have impressed United boss Steve Tilson (pictured) with a brace in the reserve fixture against Peterborough on Tuesday.
Dakinah has experienced English football before after a spell with Walsall, and the Danish centre back includes FC Copenhagen amongst his previous clubs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Mar. 23 2005,16:43)]Does anyone know much about Kofi Dakinah and Anton Smith who are both trialling with us at the moment. Kofi having played for Walsall and FC Copenhagen could be a solid acquisition.

who are these people... where is anton smith from?
I'm sure the 35 minutes of league football Kofi Dakinah played for Walsall will mean he would be an outstanding signing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Mar. 23 2005,17:15)]I'm sure the 35 minutes of league football Kofi Dakinah played for Walsall will mean he would be an outstanding signing.
Saucer of milk for Cousin Weir!

oops.gif
tounge.gif

I loaned Anton Smith in Champo and he was absolutely terrible in spite of his decent stats.

That said, David Bryan turned in to the next Steven Gerrard so maybe we shouldn't read too much in to it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Mar. 23 2005,16:01)]Well, I found this on the sky sports website.

Southend Eye Trial Trio

Southend United have three players on trial at Roots Hall as they look to reinforce their challenge for the automatic promotion spots.
The League Two outfit will be running the rule over Kofi Dakinah and Anton Smith, whilst Paul Benson has returned for a second spell.
Benson currently turns out for Essex non-league side White Ensign, and will have impressed United boss Steve Tilson (pictured) with a brace in the reserve fixture against Peterborough on Tuesday.
Dakinah has experienced English football before after a spell with Walsall, and the Danish centre back includes FC Copenhagen amongst his previous clubs.
that is where i got it from...

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back