• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know what a shister Ron martin is .He keeps spouting he wants this take over to go through .But the longer this rubbish goes on .The more Southend uniyed will suffer .Does Martin care i doubt it .Will the pull there finger out before the next high court hearing .I doubt that also .So that leaves kevun in limbo again .I feel so sorry forthe bloke to have to put up with this **** again .
Will he put up with it though. ? How much more frustration can the man take.? Will Gillingham be making another approach to KM ????……. And if they did , wouldn’t Kev be justified in thinking “I’ve had enough of this …. I just want a club without the endless hassle , and a bigger budget to buy players ” etc etc

Id hate to see him go, but I wouldn’t blame him if he were starting to think along those lines.

I’ve said it a hundred times and I’ll say it again … it’s not and never will happen … Maher will go to the gills you
Lot will literally crumble and shrimperzone will turn into a shrine of a once mighty club , however where fans would rather sit behind a keyboard than carry out credible action … we are ****ed …

Will he put up with it though. ? How much more frustration can the man take.? Will Gillingham be making another approach to KM ????……. And if they did , wouldn’t Kev be justified in thinking “I’ve had enough of this …. I just want a club without the endless hassle , and a bigger budget to buy players ” etc etc

Id hate to see him go, but I wouldn’t blame him if he were starting to think along those lines.
Depends how happy he would be to feel like he'll be discarded within 6 months by a club that is becoming a bit of a lower league Watford.

Depends how happy he would be to feel like he'll be discarded within 6 months by a club that is becoming a bit of a lower league Watford.
kevin eats sleep and dies for southend united HE was a player .And an under 21 coach Then he went off to bristol .Before coming home to the place he calls home . Unless the concortium pulls the plug kevin will stay to the bitter end But i cant see him working under the rat .Ever again so the rat has to go not king kev .

With the local elections coming in may .Will this slow down the prosses of the council or will it stay on track for the takeovr . And the sale of roothall by the rat .
Tommy, the Rat cannot do anything with Roots Hall until he has paid off the debt he has borrowed against it and he cannot do that until he has started building at FF or sold it on, with planning permission.

Who ever is sitting on the council Can they please have a full meeting sooner rather than later And give a final yes or no ASAP to one let our club move on And two help keep rthe three amigos at the club Before someone like Gillingham poches them .Over to you Southend council .

Last edited by a moderator:
The largest party has changed - will the leader of the council change? That's who's got to give the nod right?
From what I understand the council will become a minority Labour administration rather than Conservative. If so then Dent will replace Cox. We shall see.

Of course delegated authority was given to office holders not individuals, and as far as what we are concerned about it shouldn't make any difference (based on both parties strongly supporting the proposal).

That said a clear statement to this effect would be welcomed sooner rather than later.

(Edit: Dependent on the make up of "independents" of course a coalition as before is far from unlikely)

Last edited:
Labour will try and form a coalition, with the LD and maybe the Greens I suspect. As the largest party, it is right that they have a go.

The Greens might be unpredictable though as their manifesto favours the development of brown-field sites in central Southend and sites that are on existing public transport corridors.
The independents are such a mish-mash of different types and personalities that you never really know - but they probably hold the key.

I don't imagine this will change anything, the only issue might be how long it takes to get a coalition together and agree a joint policy platform.

“INNOVATIVE” plans for couples to share flats at Fossetts Farm will help keep costs down and help young people struggling to find an affordable home, it has been claimed.

Southend Council has come under fire over the proposed plan for 1,300 homes which will see upmarket properties built with rents 20 per cent higher than the average price in the city and just 15 per cent affordable homes.
However, in a bid to mitigate the price of rent, some of the homes will be designed for “co-habitation” and aimed at the “sharer’s market”, with two couples or individuals sharing a home.
The unusual scheme would enable couples to team up and share a home and could prove a popular option for young people as house prices soar.
David Garston, councillor responsible for housing and planning in the last administration, said: “The idea is that there would be two bathrooms and probably a shared kitchen but they would have their own space – almost like a two flat converted house.

“I think it’s a good idea because it keeps the cost down. It wouldn’t all be those but it would be good to have some. To have a mix is a good idea. It could also be for couples whose children have grown up.”
Southend Council is currently carrying out “Those words are banned” on the homes scheme, which will allow the sale of Southend United from Ron Martin to a consortium headed up by Justin Rees. If the council fails to find tenants for the homes once built, it could be left responsible for paying rents on the properties.

In the future the council will have the right to buy the homes for a nominal sum.
Colin Nickless, from the Fossetts for the People campaign group, said: “In a way that is quite an innovative approach but I’m concerned we are getting excuses to push luxury or executive properties and you just push the price of rents up, when the solution really should be that we need genuinely affordable housing.”

The homes at Fossetts Farm, where a new stadium was once planned, will see up to 1,311 properties built in three “zones”. While the mix is still to be finally agreed, currently, zone A will have 911 apartments, zone B will have 330 homes with 93 per cent houses and Zone C will see 315 new homes built with 70 per cent of them houses.

Who ever is sitting on the council Can they please have a full meeting sooner rather than later And give a final yes or no ASAP to one let our club move on And two help keep rthe three amigos at the club Before someone like Gillingham poches them .Over to you Southend council .
They don't need a full council meeting. The meetings over the past couple of weeks delegated the final decision making to the head of the council in conjunction with council officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back