• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What to spend 6.5k on

What to spend 6.5k on -

• Put it behind the bar for regulars to toast the team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy 20 Season Tickets for Roots Halls most faithfull

• Give it to the SUSCT

• Pay for the Coaches to Grimsby

• Send the team on a pi$$ up to Dublin....again

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Offer it as a bung to the players for promotion.

• Give it to Lizzie Bardsley or some other ponce

• Give it to The Tory Party (see also option above)

• Total voters
I'd give it to any club willing to take Michael Husband's off our wage bill.

wink.gif

How about some decent tables and chairs for the Shrimpers Bar? Someone must know someone who could sort some decent ones out for a reasonable amount of money? Or did all the money go on the flash flat-screen TV's ?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Feb. 28 2005,12:18)]I'd give it to any club willing to take Michael Husband's off our wage bill.

wink.gif
Is he still with us then? Blimey.... thought he'd gone before Christmas.....
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 28 2005,15:22)]Or did all the money go on the flash flat-screen TV's ?  
rock.gif
What the free flat screen TV's that cost the Club nothing?

How about spending the money to make the Shrimpers bar accessable & open at half time for bods in the South Stand to get a beer?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 28 2005,15:22)]How about some decent tables and chairs for the Shrimpers Bar?
yeah Iagree with this.
Very unwelcoming, sort of like a staff canteen with the furniure taken outfeckin freezing too.
A nice leather comfy settee~a homley type of feel.

I am penning a letter to Linda Barker, laurence et al as we speak.

The chairs are there but they've been allocated for the school thingy in the annexe. I see the lav got new lights and bog roll as well...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 28 2005,15:58)]The chairs are there but they've been allocated for the school thingy in the annexe. I see the lav got new lights and bog roll as well...
The chairs in the Study Support Centre are new ones purchased with the grant for the centre.

I'd invest some of the money in a pair of scissors to make the holes in the shoot for a car competition a bit wider. By the time I win it (that's assuming they ever put tickets from the West into the draw - I have my suspicions) the car will have welded itself to the showroom floor.

I'd bribe Kev M with a few hundred to ensure ORM gets his shirt at the end of the season.

I'd use the balance for a private box, incorporating travel arrangements and fees, for Emma B and ORM to share at the earliest opportunity.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Feb. 28 2005,16:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 28 2005,15:58)]The chairs are there but they've been allocated for the school thingy in the annexe. I see the lav got new lights and bog roll as well...
The chairs in the Study Support Centre are new ones purchased with the grant for the centre.
and yet they seem so similar to ones we have had in the main bar before!

(but I'm sure the club is just using the same supplier)

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 28 2005,16:08)]
[b said:
[b said:

wink.gif
I know they are new because I carried them off the delivery truck from the top of the car park - bloody heavy they were too!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Feb. 28 2005,16:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 28 2005,16:08)]
[b said:
[b said:

wink.gif
I know they are new because I carried them off the delivery truck from the top of the car park - bloody heavy they were too!
cue abuse
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Feb. 28 2005,15:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 28 2005,15:22)]Or did all the money go on the flash flat-screen TV's ?  
rock.gif
Did they really? Blimey, pat on the back to the club staff member who arranged that....

Are there any still lying about not being used?
rock.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Feb. 28 2005,15:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 28 2005,15:22)]How about some decent tables and chairs for the Shrimpers Bar?
yeah Iagree with this.
Very unwelcoming, sort of like a staff canteen with the furniure taken outfeckin freezing too.
A nice leather comfy settee~a homley type of feel.

I am penning a letter to Linda Barker, laurence et al as we speak.
This has come up quite a few times - any pub that I have been in doesn't have massive tables like the Shrimpers, they all have smaller ones that four chairs can fit round. That would mean more room for more tables.

Can't this be raised again with the club?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Feb. 28 2005,16:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Feb. 28 2005,15:27)]
[b said:
rock.gif
Did they really?  Blimey, pat on the back to the club staff member who arranged that....

Are there any still lying about not being used?
rock.gif

wink.gif
It was part of the SportsTV deal that the Club signed up to when we got BluesTV. We got 12 TV's to start with and we will get another at the end of the season if our attendances average over 6,000.

Back