• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NOW!!! i will be honest, this summer i have questioned the lack of investment and the lack of action in the transfer market. I do believe even now that we should have signed players at least 2 weeks ago. BUT, we are now bringing in players, that are not only very good players, but, that by what we read, do not only want to impress at southend, but impress everyone within these leagues, pundits, doubters and the likes. Which personally i think gives them much more drive than just playing for a club they have no real association to.

Tilson again, as with all managers i think, has been criticised this pre season and ill be honest i have critised him. I for one still dont agree with the fact that we let how ever many players go, and have only as now really bought in 4 players (walker and grant dont count for me becuase they were here since january and so part of our squad). I think it is nature for football fans to try and get rid of a manager, becuase, truely, deep down inside we all think we can do a better job.

now writing this i do feel happier about how the start of the season is panning out, i mean we have a subs bench now which is nice, also i forgot we need 7 subs for the gleague cup game, which we wouldnt have been able to do until now!

We have all questioned the manager, coach and chairmen in the last 2 months or so, me included and quite stongly at times but at the back of it all i always had this suspition that there was really nothing wrong,

As a country we always look to the worst solution. "we arent signing anyone therefore we have no money". I think this wouldnt have been so bad if we hadnt have let 12 players leave the club, some for quite a fair bit of money and some of our bigest earners aswell, and with tilsons previous transfer makert "FLOPS" we could have been far worse off. BUT i think he has learnt a thing or two in the time he has been manager. I mean if you sign players like harrold, foran, paynter to name a few, and im not being disrepectful to them, but they flopped! then you are clearly going to be a little more cautious in your approach to signing new players now.

I think my doubts were defiently put in place tonight after coming home from a nice birthday celebration curry! (gulshan in sutton road if anyone wants to know!) and yet again Mr Ron Martin puts a statement out like he has tonight and on so many occasions. I mean things probably are still a little tight at the club, but one thing i said tonight was i would rather finish 5th from bottom than finish bottom of the league with a 10 point deduction and being in administration becuase our management spent too much money and didnt do the maths properly!

I love this club and have done passionatly since i was 6 (i think that makes it 15 years now) and to be honest, i am a moaner! i think this club has the potential to be massive! in my first few seasons we got relegated twice and then i had to watch utter shizzle (in the words of mr "snoop dog" grant) for years. That was until tilson took over! But you look at the town we are in. i mean we have one of the biggest populations outisde of the major city's yet we can only get 9-10,000 for a home game?

We should be a big team. We have a great crowd. A great chairman which i have never doubted, and yes we have a great managerial team, even though they make some weird blooming choices now and again! i just think it has taken me some time to get used to them becuase they are so inexperienced (well tilly anyways), they are still learning and that is what i like!

Roll saturday and everything that has been said this summer will mean **** all. We will all enjoy the atmosphere! the new players! the new season, and beating the balls off of yet another ferguson!

I for one still dont agree with the fact that we let how ever many players go, and have only as now really bought in 4 players (walker and grant dont count for me becuase they were here since january and so part of our squad).

A good balanced post.

The point above is slightly out though, we let a lot of players go who never got a look in and only lost Black/Gower and Flahavan from the first team.

We should have signed 8 players by the end of the day (Including Walker/Grant), and still have time for loanees.

Squad still does need some bodies and would have been nice to get the others earlier but all is looking fairly healthy for tomorrow and time to strengthen further.

Good post , things are looking up Tilson and RM have pulled it out of the bag again , yes they have left it late , but by holding on a little the panic sets in on the listed players and then they may sign for the money SUFC are offering and not what they think they are worth ( agent talk ).

IMO we have strengthened all over the park apart in goal and we'll leave that arguement for another time , but all in all if bookies are giving us 20-1 to go up then its gotta be worth a punt as we have a good a first 11 as many in this league ,.

Building a fan base takes time and you have to offer the facilities as well, once you get to 9000 the only other available spaces are in parts of the ground which arent good to watch a match from (corners of West and South Stand and corners of South Lower). Hopefully when the new stadium arrives we can offer potential supporters a true and deserving match day experience as right now the best viewing places are sold out week in week out generally

I agree that we should sort things earlier but then this has always been the way we've done things and as fans we have very little to complain about from Tilson's tenure.

The sad thing is that if we have the same season as last season, there will still be a similar sized bunch trying to make the worst of an average situation.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back