• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Selassi was the only one with a bit of character, the others are so bland. Not really fussed who wins.

I was also watching Adam Curtis' documentary Hypernormalisation. Only about a 1/3rd of the way in and it's absolutely fascinating, showing how we got from 1975 to here, with the mess in the middle East, Brexit and the rise of social media.

Big thanks out to Henry Kissinger's actions for giving us Syria some 40 odd years on. :angry:

Watched the full 3 hours last night, brilliant!

Watched the full 3 hours last night, brilliant!

Itching to watch the rest. Soap night for Mrs MK tonight, so I think it's laptop & headphones time.

I'm still in shock in regards to the Iran & Iraq war, and taking thousands of boys out of senior school to walk across minefields, and then celebrating their deaths with blood red fountains. :stunned:

Itching to watch the rest. Soap night for Mrs MK tonight, so I think it's laptop & headphones time.

I'm still in shock in regards to the Iran & Iraq war, and taking thousands of boys out of senior school to walk across minefields, and then celebrating their deaths with blood red fountains. :stunned:

More shocks to come! I won't spoil it for you but it was an eye opener.

The part about the creation of the suicide bomber (human bomb) and how suicide was a sin in Islam until modern times was very interesting too

Selasi is gone! great shame as he has real star quality.
It is going to be tight for the final but I am rooting for Candice to win the last ever real GBBO.
I really liked Selasi, he had a real flair for putting good flavours together. Think he peaked too early and just couldn't keep up with the others on improvement.

This has been one of the least impressive Bake Offs though, I don't think the standard is anywhere near as high as it has been in the last few years. Candice should walk it but irritating Andrew might just pull it out the bag. Don't think Jane stands a chance.

Don't think Jane stands a chance.
I'm not so sure - I think Jane started really strong and has some sound knowledge. She's dipped in the last few weeks but she could easily bounce back in the final. That said, I think Candice will win, and I think she deserves to.

About 4 years ago!!! Can't remember when I last saw it!

The Food channel or whatever its called repeat it regularly, think most of the episodes are from 5 years ago - the guy who presents it; Adam Richman is also apparently a decent footballer and played for the RotW team in Soccer Aid.

The Food channel or whatever its called repeat it regularly, think most of the episodes are from 5 years ago - the guy who presents it; Adam Richman is also apparently a decent footballer and played for the RotW team in Soccer Aid.

You can tell by his size, he lost (surprisingly!!!) shed loads of weight after he finished making it!

Ed Balls surviving another week in Strictly, must be a sympathy vote surely?

New Walking Dead tonight most probably - that'll hopefully show Westworld how overrated it really is.

Walking Dead returned with a massive bang. Wow.

Westworld should be better than its, massive budget, big cast, yet its boring. Even the credits go on far too long.

Walking Dead returned with a massive bang. Wow.

Westworld should be better than its, massive budget, big cast, yet its boring. Even the credits go on far too long.

Looking forward to it. Agreed about WW - it has long periods of talking and back story filler, where nothing happens - not to mention the massive plot holes that they've not even bothered with. I'd rather HBO comissioned a second series of vinyl - as messy as it was it was never boring.

Back