• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

My wife didn't like that episode either; I thought it was weak but I always give the first episode of any series a chance as a 'scene setter'. Trust me - it gets a lot better.
Yeah, I will go back to it - it's among my very favourite comedies of all time. I think I was just thrown by the fact that for the first time they'd jumped forward by a number of years between series, plus I found the new relationship between Ron and Leslie a bit hard to swallow.

Yeah, I will go back to it - it's among my very favourite comedies of all time. I think I was just thrown by the fact that for the first time they'd jumped forward by a number of years between series, plus I found the new relationship between Ron and Leslie a bit hard to swallow.

Ah but....................:winking:

That Rhod Gilbert at the end? What a finale. The whole thing just works so well as a panel show.

Did NOT see that coming. Hilarious. The way in which the personas of Mack and Mitchell are exaggerated, the way Brydon intervenes occasionally but lets it flow at other times, the general connection between the main three...fantastic.

So many people told me to try parks and rec and the 1st series was so average I really thought it was another US comedy for those without a sense of humour but I persevered and I'm glad I did. Some great characters! Andy Dwyer and Ron Swanson are amazing!

So many people told me to try parks and rec and the 1st series was so average I really thought it was another US comedy for those without a sense of humour but I persevered and I'm glad I did. Some great characters! Andy Dwyer and Ron Swanson are amazing!

Yes, the first series is just ok. Andy is an absolute w*nkball in the first series. They tinkered with the characters for series 2 and got rid of the deadwood, and as they say history was made.

Selasi is gone! great shame as he has real star quality.
It is going to be tight for the final but I am rooting for Candice to win the last ever real GBBO.

Selasi is gone! great shame as he has real star quality.
It is going to be tight for the final but I am rooting for Candice to win the last ever real GBBO.

Selassi was the only one with a bit of character, the others are so bland. Not really fussed who wins.

I was also watching Adam Curtis' documentary Hypernormalisation. Only about a 1/3rd of the way in and it's absolutely fascinating, showing how we got from 1975 to here, with the mess in the middle East, Brexit and the rise of social media.

Big thanks out to Henry Kissinger's actions for giving us Syria some 40 odd years on. :angry:

I was also watching Adam Curtis' documentary Hypernormalisation. Only about a 1/3rd of the way in and it's absolutely fascinating, showing how we got from 1975 to here, with the mess in the middle East, Brexit and the rise of social media.
I need to see this.
If you haven't already, watch his previous offering Bitter Lake. It's on iPlayer.

Not seen that one, have to check it out. Have you seen Century of The Self?
Make sure you do. And no, I haven't seen Century of the Self yet. Another one for the watch list.

Good bit of trivia I found out last week; Curtis cut his teeth on That's Life in the 1980s. He was the researcher who found the 'talking' dogs!

Make sure you do. And no, I haven't seen Century of the Self yet. Another one for the watch list.

Good bit of trivia I found out last week; Curtis cut his teeth on That's Life in the 1980s. He was the researcher who found the 'talking' dogs!

Ha, snap! Just Wiki'd him. His documentaries are some of the best I have ever seen, utterly thought provoking.

Back