• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Watched the 1st episode of HBO's "next big thing" Westworld last night. Wasn't bowled over but I'll give it a chance as the cast is top notch.

Here's a couple from iPlayer, both Hip Hop documentaries, for anyone like me who's been into Hip Hop since BITD;

Both worth a watch, especially Hip Hop News, documentary made by Rodney P (anyone remember London Posse??). And Rubble Kings, doc about NYC Gangs in the 60's and 70s and Hip Hop culture...

The Hip Hop World News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07vxmxt/the-hip-hop-world-news

Rubble Kings
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07vxmxw/rubble-kings

Gangster Chronicle! I preferred Hijack myself. ps check out Rejjie Snow, an up and coming rapper from Birmingham.

Watched the 1st episode of HBO's "next big thing" Westworld last night. Wasn't bowled over but I'll give it a chance as the cast is top notch.

yeah the jury is out with me but definitely going to stick with it for a while. Likewise Designated Survivor - cheesy and trashy but easy viewing.

I loved it, was totally gripped for the whole hour and eight minutes.

There were a couple of small touches that put it over the top for me

- Hearing "Black Hole Sun" playing on the Saloon piano.
- Seeing/Hearing Steven Ogg. Amazing how someones acting career has picked *UP* due to voice work on a video game (GTA V)

yeah the jury is out with me but definitely going to stick with it for a while. Likewise Designated Survivor - cheesy and trashy but easy viewing.

Read a review this morning by someone who had seen the first four episodes. Definitely worth persevering with apparently. Will give it a go tonight.

Yeah it was ok....bit wordy and could done with a bit of trimming though it's going to have to pick up big time if it wants to take over the GOT mantle.

Just watched S03E01 of The Fall. Really liked the first 2 series but I feared that this might be 1 too far and Jeez, the first episode was slooooowwwwww. Like Chekov does Holby, yet strangely compelling. I'll stick with it...

I loved it, was totally gripped for the whole hour and eight minutes.

There were a couple of small touches that put it over the top for me

- Hearing "Black Hole Sun" playing on the Saloon piano.
- Seeing/Hearing Steven Ogg. Amazing how someones acting career has picked *UP* due to voice work on a video game (GTA V)

I liked that , I am a massive Soundgarden fan though

Read a review this morning by someone who had seen the first four episodes. Definitely worth persevering with apparently. Will give it a go tonight.

That sounds promising, I was concerned it could get bogged down in groundhog day repetition for a while.

I really enjoyed Coast "the great guide" tonight on BBC2, tonight's episode focused on the south east, so started in London and moved down the estuary, a bit on Southend and the SS Montgomery along with the new Tilbury port as well as along the Medway before working their way down along the kentish coast finishing at Dover.

Just discovered People Just Do Nothing on the iPlayer.

Fly on the wall mockumentary about fictional Brentford pirate radio station Kurrupt FM.

Last edited:
Just discovered People Just Do Nothing on the iPlayer.

Fly on the wall mockumentary about fictional Brentford pirate radio station Kurrupt FM.
On series 3 of this, very funny. The main Charachter Grindah is excellently played by Allan Mustapha, he comes out with some 'gems' and then there's the dim-witted 'Steves' and the old pervert Chabuddy

Proper bunch of bozos!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/people-just-do-nothing

I actually knew a couple of blokes exactly like them back in the early 90s, proper space cadets. :dim:

Back