• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Can't be dealing with Cold Feet at the moment, not when there's Ripper Street to watch! Will do the whole series on catch up later - yours, MK, is the only disparaging voice I've heard comment, everyone elsewhere seems to be singing its praises!

Last part of "out of their league" about the manc 5's Salford City, enjoyable.

I enjoyed the first series, but I thought these last two episodes were generally a bit disappointing. Especially for viewers who don't give a hoot about that tattooed berk Gareth Seddon.

Although Salford are doing really well now - top of the National League North after eight games

I enjoyed the first series, but I thought these last two episodes were generally a bit disappointing. Especially for viewers who don't give a hoot about that tattooed berk Gareth Seddon.

Although Salford are doing really well now - top of the National League North after eight games

I thought that too, the out takes, cutting floor must be covered in stuff that is unflattering about that ego.

Can't be dealing with Cold Feet at the moment, not when there's Ripper Street to watch! Will do the whole series on catch up later - yours, MK, is the only disparaging voice I've heard comment, everyone elsewhere seems to be singing its praises!

I wasn't the biggest fan of the original TBH as some - they recycled a joke about taxi driving 4 times in the first episode! It was watchable enough I'm sure I'll tune in next week.

Everyone I speak to seems to be baffled by his camera time, he is obviously fame hungry, I guess he appeals to the Towie/Geordie shore generation?

{barna} I was watching with interest hoping that Chris Lynch would get some camera time, he was out in Oz the same time as me playing for Sorrento in the WA state league, funny guy and he was Salfords Captain the last 2 seasons. Would have been much better to focus on someone like him than Seddon {barna}

Everyone I speak to seems to be baffled by his camera time, he is obviously fame hungry, I guess he appeals to the Towie/Geordie shore generation?

I think that is precisely it. Also, he's quite a looker to be fair. My wife generally quite enjoyed the show, but the (many) bits where he's not got a shirt on were her favourites.

Just to also jump on the band wagon about the Class of 92/Salford City programme - enjoyed season 1 but found this season to be really lacking. Very little actually about the Class of 92 and their long term strategy for the club, and far too much about Seddon and a wedding I couldn't give a **** about (although the manager watching the game while doing wedding planning at the venue was amusing!)

Just to also jump on the band wagon about the Class of 92/Salford City programme - enjoyed season 1 but found this season to be really lacking. Very little actually about the Class of 92 and their long term strategy for the club, and far too much about Seddon and a wedding I couldn't give a **** about (although the manager watching the game while doing wedding planning at the venue was amusing!)

Ha, forgot about that bit - it was very funny.

Genuinely think they had good intentions when they set out to film the second season, but with both Nevilles decamping to Valencia, Butt promoted to a lofty position with United's youth set-up Giggs entrenched in the Van Gaal debacle and Scholes being Scholes, I doubt there was an awful lot of meaningful content they could garner out of them.

That said, Seddon just isn't that interesting a person. The management duo and the chief exec are - and the perfect example of club officials down at that level combining the club with their work commitments.

Back