• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wet Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really grips me to hear BBC Essex going on so much about their adopted Essex club Wet Spam.

It is funny that Wet Sham are a London club or an Essex Club as it suits them but what do you think?

Do you actually care?

I don't care - although their constant Echo coverage winds me up more

if wet cram are based in east london that would made them a london club on the border or not

Actually, the irony of PoD asking a question of a geographical nature has just struck me... hard!

laugh.gif

We have been through this many times before. Historically they are based inside of Essex. As the Essex borders went right upto the limits of The City of London. However due to local government changes the London Boroughs were created which then placed Wet Spam in to a London Borough. Which people now use to raitionale the fact they are a London club.

If using the same logic we will need to ask is Southend Utd an Essex club or a Southend-on-Sea club. As due to more local government changes, Southend-on-Sea is no longer part of Essex. Which in turn means Col U are the best team in Essex because we are not Essex anymore.

So in conclusion if Wet Spam are a London club then we are not an Essex club but if you feel we are an Essex club then so is Wet Spam.

At the end of the day who really cares? I still dont like them no matter where they are from.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 18 2004,08:37)]It really grips me to hear BBC Essex going on so much about their adopted Essex club Wet Spam.
Nothing about West Ham could ever grip me.

Their postcode is E13, they are a London club.

Good luck Ipswich tonight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ May 18 2004,12:50)]Good luck Ipswich tonight.
I second that, hopefully West Ham won't make it back to the Premiership cash cow. I hope they wither and die from horrendous debt.

SCUM

That's not the argument though. We're asking whether West Ham are Essex or London. They have a London, rather than Essex postcode.

I like using postcodes as definitions. Lots of snobby types in London try to pretend they live somewhere posh (eg say they live in Notting Hill but actually live in White City), but the postcode never lies!

I base a club on where they see themselves as being based. eg Moan U see themselves as "a global" club far too big to be confined to England, so I don't consider them an English club. Similarly Liverpool look like considering themselves to be a Thai club in the very near future.

Wet Sham seem to style themselves as a London club, being the allegedly the 'pride of the East End' and consider their geographical rivals to be teams like Spurs. I have never heard them sing 'one team in Essex' (or would it be two?), only songs about sexually gratifying Michael Jackson's pet.

Like all Colchester fans I will be cheering on Ipswich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back