• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wesley Fonguck departs for Ebbsfleet

This has been on the cards since we started to extend other players deals and he wasn’t in amongst those.

We did want to keep him, but on reduced terms to reflect how we saw him this season. As I’ve said before, Kev is desperate for a creative midfielder, and he will is likely to take Wes place in the starting XI.

He should be remembered just as fondly as any of our other heroes that stuck with us the past 12/18/24 months. Don’t underestimate just how much we owe those hero’s. Wes, along with Powell, deserve heroes welcomes when they return to Roots Hall.

Wes was a top man as well.

Thanks for everything Wes!

This has been on the cards since we started to extend other players deals and he wasn’t in amongst those.

We did want to keep him, but on reduced terms to reflect how we saw him this season. As I’ve said before, Kev is desperate for a creative midfielder, and he will is likely to take Wes place in the starting XI.

He should be remembered just as fondly as any of our other heroes that stuck with us the past 12/18/24 months. Don’t underestimate just how much we owe those hero’s. Wes, along with Powell, deserve heroes welcomes when they return to Roots Hall.

One thing that struck me with Wes is that he is always smiling. I'd like to think he was a buoyant personality to have in difficult times. Wish him the best of luck

I never liked watching Wes play football and don’t think we will miss him one bit, for being here during the utter nightmare it has been I salute him and he had some flashes.

However not my type of midfielder
I have to agree. Whilst turning it on in several matches at Roots Hall, he offered very little in away matches. His tendency to come back inside too often, allowing defenders to get back into shape also frustrated me.

As with Powell though, I thank him for sticking with us over the last couple of years and wish him well.

Aww I liked Wes - an area we are pretty blessed with though and assuming we’ll bring in a midfielder at some point. But Miley, Morton, Noor, Coker and Wood vying for 2-3 places I assume Wes had a look and thought he could get more games elsewhere.

Good luck Wes and thanks!

Thanks for everything, Wes. Sticking by us through all the crap. The nutmeg that beat two men and quality finish at home against Maidenhead. The winning goal against Chesterfield last season, during the dark days of 1/2 on the bench that gave us all such a fantastic evening. That massive grin and his best buds relationship with Bridgey. All proper highlights. See you back at RH and you’ll get a cheer from me and quite a few others I’d imagine.

Glad wes has gone seemed to be a player that couldn't last 90 mins always looking at the bench round 60-70 mins to get subbed. Not bad on the ball but I'm sure there's better out there. I reckon we offered him a deal that was on less money similar to Powell basically saying you aren't gonna be first team if you stay

Creative midfielder eh .... I got a decent mobile number could do the job lol

Back