• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Wealdstone vs Southend United

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was so dull the commentators were talking about the weather! Acting like it’s a podcast. At least talk about the game please fellas. Not much going on at all. Moncur seems to be tiptoeing around the pitch?

It can only get better. The whole back line and Husin have been far too negative, looking to pass back or sideways. I'm surprised that even Ralph is looking backwards. Second half we will be kicking towards our fans which normally brings a big improvement.

45 minutes of my life I won’t get back , lack of urgency and just going through the motions at the minute , played like both teams need a point on the last day of the season to both stay up , it’s that lacking in attacking moments I can’t think of anything of note

Our controller keeps disconnecting every time we get near the final third.

What a lacklustre performance so far, the kind of game we can easily lose… and Wealdstone look like a park side.

Appalling game of football but as bad as it was it was a 1000 times better than the guy commentation on BBC Essex. I think for the 2nd half I might have to endure the pain of the home commentary on NLTV.

It’s so funny how inconsistent we are.. everything a couple seconds too slow and middle men not having enough impact. Looked good one touch football in parts but only short spells

Too many of our so-called big game players have been well off it so far.

Noor, Moncur & Bridge have been poor in the middle. Taylor and Crowther looking very casual at the back. GSM seems a bit flat.

Pepple worked hard up top but neither him nor Bonne have had anything to work with.

Not sure how we change things second half, but this lethargic tempo will not do.

Before the game, Wealdstone would have ripped your hands off to go into HT level. 5 minutes in, you could see they really didn’t fancy it tonight. Now, they’ve got something to believe & build on & you just know the Southend way….

Well, at least we didn't concede just before HT.
Otherwise, we're back into ponderous in that last third. Back passes to Colin? Ten, plus....
No real issues, although would like to see Pepple sprint. On 36 minutes, there was a stab forward with our boy in a potential one-on-one from halfway, but, he kind of loped forward and lost the battle.
Still, plenty of time to score one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back