• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Wealdstone v Southend United, Tuesday 24th September, 19:45 k.o.

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Shrimpergonzo

Nanu, Nanu⭐🦐
Staff member
The third of three consecutive away games sees the shortest trip of the three to North West London to Ruislip, the home of Wealdstone FC.

Part-timers Wealdstone have performed admirably to keep themselves at this level for so long now, despite having limited resources compared to most teams in this division. They currently find themselves struggling just a point and two places off the bottom of the league with just one win (at home to Fylde) so far, plus 3 creditable away draws at Solihull, Forest Green and Hartlepool. Former blues youngster and last season loanee Henry Sandat is currently on loan at The Stones, but was an unused substitute in their 3-0 home defeat to Barnet on Saturday.

Following the two disappointing defeats to Sutton and Fylde, Kev managed to find a winning formula at Solihull on Saturday, and what a win it was. I am told it was the first time we have scored four goals away from home since Stephen Humphreys made his debut at Bradford. Both Bim Pepple and Keenan Appiah-Forson scored their first goals for the blues and let’s hope it’s the first of many. Unless there are injuries that we don’t know about yet, it’s difficult to see Kev make any changes for Tuesday night - not least because we are still short of options - only being able to field 6 subs on Saturday with Beau MacDonald being loaned to Concord Rangers (which seems an odd situation unless there is an imminent arrival).

If you’re planning to travel on Tuesday then @DoDTS has produced another excellent guide to tell you all you need to know. https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/wealdstone-tuesday-7-45pm-24th-september-2024.119208/

So, who would you choose to start at Grosvenor Vale and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
I'm a bit reluctant to book a train and match ticket and it gets called off.
I don’t blame you after last season’s fiasco. The problem is if they still think they can call a game off as late as they did then then you kinda have to gamble on it being on. There really should be some rules in place about how late you can call a game off without punishment. I’d probably include our Fylde train episode in that too tbh.

If the rain is going to be as bad as they say Will the game be postponed due to a water loged pitch .If i am right didnt there ground was like a bog last season .

Back