• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wealdstone FC 1-2 Southend Utd

Or alternatively, Wes realises and accepts that a new contract isn't going to be forthcoming, so the absolute last thing he wants to do is get injured or he'll be out of a job in a few weeks?

Has had a good season for us. Don't knock him on one display.
I take all that, but this is the post-match thread so we’re only meant to be discussing last night’s display!

Poor performance, but three points taken. We’re not finishing in the play-offs this season partly because of a 10 point deduction but also because there have been multiple other games where we failed to take three points off poor teams. That’s not going to change next season unless we are more tactically flexible - there have been subtle signs in the last few games of us loosening up a little, and not looking for Jack Bridge with every ball - but this may be a close season to cash in on some players (assuming there are offers) and try some new faces. Not 11 - but 2 or 3.

Atmosphere also ruined last night by some clown of a fan desperate to start a fight with his own. We weren’t singing loud enough for him, apparently - so we spent most of the first half calling everyone within earshot w******. Don’t know about the second half - I moved. Well done to those around him for not filling him in, even though that’s probably what was needed. Clearly didn’t have any mates with him who felt able to ‘have a word’.
Yes I’ve noticed a couple of ****s this season at away games….

Some clown that keeps insulting everyone for not singing loud enough….punch up at Hartlepool and then the worst was some chav insulting Anna Firth and calling her a Tory c*** relentlessly away at Dagenham! Our away following is amazing and I am sure like all clubs we have a few mindless idiots that let the side down!

Last edited:
About 5000 to 1. Halifax won't lose their last 4 games. Then Aldershot could cash in even if that miracle happens. And even Oldham could finish above us with their game in hand and one point behind.
At least we're in a great position regarding the squad for next season, especially with a few coming in.
I'l snap your hand off with that bet - so I give you £1 if we don't and you give me five grand if we do, yeah?!? ;-)

Strange game last night. In the first half it was almost as though Wealdstone were giving us far too much respect and we dominated possession as a result. I can only assume their manager gave them a rocket at half-time because they were much more positive after the break and played like they did in the first half at RH. Luckily, and despite generally being below par, we got the win with two excellent goals.

Enjoyed the commentary, particularly as he suggested he usually has someone alongside him. I can't believe how well he composed himself when Colin made the double save. I hate swearing but the 'F word' would have left my mouth almost robotically in that situation.

Might seem a bit trivial but it's nice to see old-school goals/nets. The ball nestled in the back of the net rather than bouncing straight out. I'm sure anyone who has scored goals locally on Saturdays and Sundays enjoy the net bulging rather than pinging. I certainly did.

Was it that shrimperjon bloke ?
Guess you werent there and no surprise you are trying to pin it on me? Im Shrimperjon and can confirm it defo wasnt me. I always get behind the team but would never cristicise those that have travelled whether they sing or not. Im pretty certain its Guy that you are referring to. Wouldnt be the first time and was very vocal at Oxford regarding the same issue

I was somehow able to ignore 3 guys watching and commenting on the Madrid game for the entire 90 on their phone while standing near me on the terracing last night. One of them was celebrating every Madrid goal. He celebrated that more than our goals. It was unbelievable! Why spend 19 quid and stand in the cold and watch the Champions League? Stay at home and give all our ears a break. I can guarantee that it's that type of fan that is the most opinionated about our club as well, even though they don't actually watch it. Ridiculous. Anyway rant over 🤦.

On to the game. I thought the game seemed very pedestrian, which isn't entirely unbelievable when you consider Wealdstone have to play again tomorrow. I was a little surprised from our lack of intensity though and felt the Stones were waiting for us to make a mistake so they could counter on us, like they did at the Hall. They broke on us a few times and I guess their game plan was working.

Having said that, we did create a good few chances and games like last night always seem worse with a total lack of atmosphere.

I really wanted Waldron to score that header as he's deserved a goal for his hard work in the last few games. Great strike from Miley and thought he was back to his dominant best. Fair play to Ralph to score that goal after a glorious miss. He was also solid too, as where the entire back three.

Overall, not a great game but it's a game we can be proud of. We would have lost those games in the past and that's what makes a promotion team. Play your good stuff at home and win ugly away.

That is 14 unbeaten and we'd be in the playoffs now with the points won this year. We'd be a real force in those playoffs too! Those teams will be more than happy if we weren't in there.

Let's make sure we take this form into next season. Utb!

Last edited:
Guess you werent there and no surprise you are trying to pin it on me? Im Shrimperjon and can confirm it defo wasnt me. I always get behind the team but would never cristicise those that have travelled whether they sing or not. Im pretty certain its Guy that you are referring to. Wouldnt be the first time and was very vocal at Oxford regarding the same issue
Yup it was Guy. He was stood on the terracing fairly near to me. Was cheering for Wealdstone at one stage.

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher feels goalkeeper Collin Andeng Ndi has taken his game to another level this season.

The Shrimpers shot-stopper made a stunning double save during the closing stages of Tuesday night’s 2-1 win at Wealdstone.
And Maher believes Andeng Ndi is reaping the rewards of working closely with Blues’ goalkeeping coach David Martin.

“Collin’s maturing as a keeper and I’ve got to give Dave Martin credit for the work he does with him,” said Maher.

“He goes through his clips with him every Monday.
“They watch it back and the knowledge he passes on to Colin is invaluable to him.
“Since Dave has come in he’s taken Collin onto another level.”
Andeng Ndi had to be at his best to deny Max Kretzschmar twice in quick succession late on.
But Maher was not surprised by the stunning stops.

“It was unbelievable but it’s nothing we haven’t seen him do before,” said Maher.
“The reflexes to save the first one are very good but it’s dropped to their player who looks likes he’s going to put it in.
“However, Collin gets there and it’s an incredible save.”

He's right - and well done to Collin and the coaching team.
If he gets offers from higher up, hopefully he'll remember what an improvement he's made by playing week in, week out - last thing he needs is being stuck is someone's development squad. The money is good in those development squads though.
Agree a prem club buying him just because they can and putting in the kids team will delay his development. Trouble is he is way better than Bishop and imho already as good as Bentley who was playing for us in L2 when he left. And how much did we sell Bentley for?
From our viewpoint we want him to stay- bit if he went I hope its to a side that can afford the fee AND can give hime game time. As with Dan that probably needs a Championship side to be interested..

That starting eleven looked far superior to Wealdstone, if we could just play balls through to Cards and Waldron through the lines a lot more without over hitting the pass. Wealdstone grew into the game as that starting 11 got broken up with subs, despite going a goal up on us and we were very lucky not to lose 2 points by the end.
Been crying out for the central midfield to attack space in front of them, to see Cav smash the ball home felt like a jigsaw almost complete. Keep trying that Cav, you can do it ! Kensdale and Collin playing like men possessed, worthy of all accolades.

No suprise cream always rises to the top and those on show for effort and quality stood out, already mentioned on here. We are not a title winning team, might well get caught out by a Barnet, Bromley or Gateshead but because our goals come from anywhere we are quite unpredictable as a team. A handful for anyone in this division most weeks.

100-1 to make playoffs. 500-1 to win promotion.
Not over till its over and with our fantastic following at away games i wouldnt rule us out of anything until its impossible. Its never, ever, boring being a Shrimper... FACT

Really encoraging to come away from these type of games with the 3 points, bodes well for next season. On a side note though makes even more galling that the deduction of points will definitly have cost us a play off place. Almost better for peace of mind to finish 11 points outside than wonder what if, all summer. Back to yesterday and the first 30 minutes was looking like a 0-0 bore draw until they surprisingly scored from a corner that somehow found the foot of an attacker at the back post. We then have to get out of first gear and into second gear and scored with two clinical finishers from our captain and vice captain. We saw the game out with our undoubted edge in quality to secure the points. This was despite Wealdstone throwing the kitchen sink at us in an astonishing NINE minutes of added time? The substitutions definitly weakened our play and Wealdstone may feel aggreived at not getting a point. But we are made of sterner stuff these days aided by Collin, who was great in goal again. Well played Collin the Keeper.

Andeng-Ndi 8.5 MOTM
Taylor 7
Kensdale 7
Ralph 8
Scott-Morriss 7.5
Coker 6
Miley 8
Morton 7
Bridge 6.5
Waldron 7
Cardwell 7.5

Fonguck 4.5
Dackers 5.5
Woodman 5

Wealdstone have the games in hand to stay in the league, hope they do not as getting fed up of the really non-league grounds and this is one of the worst. Much rather visit old football league grounds like Kiddie next season than watch us in a field with awful facilities (burger outlet was better than ours though tbf). Onto Fylde with unbeaten run intact, new ground, looking forward to a weekend away. UTB

Back