• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wealdstone FC 1-1 Southend Utd.

This line is a strange one for me, a week or so ago there was talks of 2 to 3 new signings. Now no new players this side of Christmas. What has changed?
I think the issue is that if you sign players now they are likely to be unattached and unfit. Or untried u/23. Kev seems to be reluctant to do this, probably having seen how long it’s taking Bonne and Moncur to get fit. After Christmas clubs might be wiling to sell their more costly, talented, match fit players if it looks like they won’t get promoted.

It’s September, we shouldn’t be building a squad now. Should have been done in July and August. But here we are.

If he doesnt rate Wood then ship him out and bring someone else in. Crying out for some pace and trickery late on in games. Other than Mooney which didnt work out cant really remember Kev bringing in any real wide players, I guess because of the way we play.

So after 13 games last season it was W5 D3 L5. Win the two home games coming up and this season will be W5 D5 L3. Even W4 D5 L4 won’t be catastrophic even though many people think we are doing much worse than last season. Last year we were a lot more settled even though we didn’t have many bodies. Cardwell, Kensdale, Miley, Coker, JD were all regulars with Harry playing the best football in his career

So Harry has taken lots of dosh to sit on the FGR bench and not play and Kensdale apparently has just taken the dosh. Whoever thinks 7 subs is a good thing needs to think again it just helps the moneybags. How to weaken the opposition - sign their best player - like Wrexham did with Dalby.

Wealdstone and the like are not great places to go for cultured sides- who would chose to play there? They clearly set up not to concede -and we find it hard to break down sides like that. Inconsistency marks a non league player.

Things aren’t that bad with Walker, Miley, Coker coming back. The others will be able to be better managed back to fitness. Bonne and Pepple aren’t Cardwell - our style will need to adapt and a new understanding evolve. Bringing in too many new players could be a disaster.

The signings over the last 12 months are all of a very good pedigree. They’ve all shown quality at one time or another and I’m pleased that we’ve signed these players.

However, there’s been a lot of inconsistent team performances this season. You never know which team will turn up - the world beaters who played Eastleigh or the plodding trudging team who struggle. Last night it was the latter unfortunately, at least until Morton came on and opened up midfield.

Not sure who’s to blame, is it the players, formation or orders from the gaffer? One thing I do know is it’s very frustrating.

Best thing about democracy is that if you don't like something that's going on you can roll your sleeves up at change it.
Why change something when it's far more fun and clever to throw sarcasm at it instead. My dad always said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

What? Why would you not want to root out the reason for inconsistency? Just because we’re in a dismal league doesn’t mean we just accept what’s put in front of us!
Work it out, yes, think carefully about how to improve, yes. Addressing the multiple causes of our predicament, yes. Not sure blaming someone is appropriate or worthwhile really*, although I know that people get satisfaction from it.

Unless it's Ron.

Work it out, yes, think carefully about how to improve, yes. Addressing the multiple causes of our predicament, yes. Not sure blaming someone is appropriate or worthwhile really*, although I know that people get satisfaction from it.

Unless it's Ron.
Fair play, may be ‘blame’ was too strong a verb for Shrimperzone sensibilities.

It’d be nice to know why performances are inconsistent.

Regarding the so called sideways and back football, it is designed to make sure you keep the ball. That is the way the management want to play. It probably won't change as it is the system that is the clubs blueprint. Lots of clubs do this and coach all their teams including youths to play the same way so that everyone knows their role. When we finally open up a defence and create a chance it too often results in a poor finish. Much of our problem is the lack of players who can consistently finish. We could also do with a bit more strength and height in midfield areas.

Fair play, may be ‘blame’ was too strong a verb for Shrimperzone sensibilities.

It’d be nice to know why performances are inconsistent.
Sure- I think my point really is that there are a few factors that explain our inconsistency. Most of which have their root in the embargo/ delayed change of ownership.

But also we have to move on and find solutions from somewhere.

What? Why would you not want to root out the reason for inconsistency? Just because we’re in a dismal league doesn’t mean we just accept what’s put in front of us!
I'd argue it would be almost impossible to eliminate the inconsistency, plus there will rarely be one root cause - there are multiple reasons, some of which are in the clubs control and some that aren't, e.g. we don't play the same opposition every match, on the same pitch, the same weather conditions etc etc.

The ones we are in control of the mgmt will be working on the training ground.

As a fan there is very little one can do other than to support the team and accept that consistently good performances are rare at this level. As someone else has said don't get too excited after great performances nor too low after bad ones.

Motivational skills must be zero? To come out after Eastleigh and Solihull performances and produce that rubbish is very worrying for the future consistency in this dire league. Seems like they give 150% effort for the better teams and 50% against the park teams, not good enough with on paper good enough players and very poor excuses about his squad are getting boring!

My god, there's some miseries on here. I may as well not bother turning up Saturday as we're so crap.
You can only play who's in front of you and we struggle with sides like Wealdstone, who tend to drag us down to their level. Gateshead will be a completely different proposition with two sides who like to play football. The problem with Saturday is that we have such a small squad, for reasons which have been explained so many times. When we make one step forward, with the return of Walker. We are then obliged to take two steps back through the injury to Taylor and the suspension of Ralph. One could forgive a bit of trepidation creeping in about our ability to defend, especially with Kensdale already gone.

Back