• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wealdstone FC 1-1 Southend Utd.

Embarrassing first half reverting to lethargic sideways football.Bonne and Moncur should be dictating the play against opposition like this ,but sunk to their level .
Second half slightly more urgency with a few half chances but again when you don't dominate with goals almost got sunk again with the sucker punch like last week.
Again are our tactics too negative from the start allowing poor sides to gain confidence.
Simply not good enough with the squads quality

Jury’s out on Bonne. Should prove a good addition at this level but continues to look off the pace. Taking a frustratingly long time to get up to the necessary fitness & sharpness

Last edited:
This could be a Pyrrhic point.
Taylor, hamstring? Ralph missing a game.
Didn't look on it from the first 65 balls back to Collin! I thought we'd got past that!
KAF played well for the second time in a row: in fact, Blues MOM; Pepple did not. Said it before, but how about some urgency, son?
For once, Moncur was struggling: not a surprise considering games played in quick succession, and he has become important.
If we had 11 GSM's and Ralph's, we'd be a serious championship contender.
Is it me or are Husin and Bridge becoming less influential by the game?

We won’t play as poorly as that again this season. As shocking as we were, Wealdstone were just as bad if not worse and you sense we should’ve taken 3 points. In the end we were lucky to escape with 1. My man Gus again with a moment of quality.

Sadly, a first half lacking in energy and ideas and probably a game too far for the patched up Bonne and Moncur. Ideally we’d rest them.

Second half we had chances but again they went begging. Walker would’ve started had it not been his first game back and he showed what he’s about and what he’ll bring. Their goal - sloppy defending again. Our set pieces - they continue to astound me, how poor they are. We’ve got to be better and more consistent, it’s like Jekyll and Hyde!

Woeful. Inexcusable. A big change needs to be made and I, despite being a Maher fan, would lose no sleep if he went. Good manager but not good enough. This team is capable of way more than it produces and we need someone who will make that happen. Unpopular view I suspect but that's where I am with things.
You see I disagree slightly on the personnel we had to settle for some of the signings we've made and I don't think moncur and Bonne for example are going to be huge successes. Moncur couldn't finish a plate of chips and isn't exactly totting up the assists. Bonne takes up space drags defenders now and again but he is not quick, doesn't work particularly hard and again he's missed sitters.
We still need a pacy forward thinking midfielder and a CB in the kensdale mould.
Walker coming back is massive he'll be in double figures before November is over...I'm sure of it.

Just simply absolutely ****ing awful AGAIN if any clown thinks this is ****ing acceptable or good or part of the process honestly needs their ****inf head cut open and their brains scooped out with a spoon … if this is actually us form now on then I’m done … this is simply ****ing awful
That must have been really hard to type with all those asterisks and full stops. Well done.

Not trying to be too harsh but that was a boring one.. inconsistency will be the reason why we don’t get promoted this year, I don’t get how one week we’re direct, creating chances and scoring goals for fun and the other week we’re playing slow, safe, side to side football. I don’t know if it’s tiredness or if they’re told to play differently - I just don’t know.. everything was 2 touches too slow and we really didn’t help ourselves. No wonder why can’t play attacking football if we’re allowing oppositions to get back into shape on top of our forwards.

It’s also so frustrating how we only have a bit of positive urgency about our play as soon as we concede, maybe our players have got too used to the ‘backs against the wall’ mentality to be able to play haha..

Bonne is possibly a bit further behind than we thought, KAF motm and he’s going to be a real player for us, sometimes he’s the only one willing to show a bit of fight and quality.

I actually think Maher got the subs spot on tonight, Morton was the missing piece of the puzzle, our centre mids were far too safe and looked like they only showed up for a kick about, not willing to take any risks or get our play driving through the middle (something I think Noor needs to work on). I’m also extremely pleased for Walker who has that natural strikers instinct.

We should really be embarrassing these sort of teams but instead we looked the lesser side, good numbers tonight from the fans and I’m glad we could wipe their smile away after their goal.

Last edited:
I come into this season with optimism and excitement for the first time in God knows how many years. Ron gone, people behind the club who have the club at heart and kept pretty much all of a very close to play off achieving side from last season.

Fast forward to 10 games in and I think I was less depressed by the back to the walls 12 squad player days of last year! Losing Kensdale and Cards was tough, but not unsurmountable, but Solihull aside this seasons performances have been horrendous. Mediocre, sideways, back, zero intent of attacking, and then when we do, no composure or ability to finish ( Gus aside)

Today's game was a real chance to add to Saturdays great performance and put a team that is pretty much nailed on to go down beat...massive fail.

Collin - not much to do, almost set up the impressive KAF - 6

Gus - didn't score, how dare he. Great cross for the goal -7

Taylor - his injury is a real blow but few slaxk passes today -6

Ralph - meh, don't know why he's captain, looks as inspiring as a soiled nappy - 5

Crowther - he's alright, basically lower league Harry Maguire, had a good header just off target-5

Bridge - did naff all first half, some good stuff in the second, but most of his jinks and showboating lead to a cross that struggles to pass the first three blades of grass in the direction he kicks -5

Moncur - mare of a game for him, with the skill set he has. Poor finishing, seemed to lack drive - maybe over played and tired? -4

KAF - I know a few had reservations with him being small, but I remember Jay Smith who was a great little player for us. Had a great game, everywhere, looking to make things happen - superb lob - My MOM - 8

Noor - plop - not good at all today -4

Bonne - I hope it's just ring rust, currently looks as effective as Barrington Belgrave - 3

Pimple - runs around a lot, strong but not his best game for us - 5

Morton - weird sub I thought at the time, but bought balance and got the ball forward quicker-6

Walker - please stay fit, seems to be the only forward with any finishing ability- 7

We need bodies in badly or this season will fizzle out and the goodwill bought by the takeover will be gone.

Back