• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wealdstone FC 1-1 Southend Utd.

RHB

"Do or do not. There is no try,"⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
Yet another very late goal conceded. Luckily we equalised even later. Not pretty, but still got a point. You know what to do, and please play nicely whatever your view.

Glad to come away with a point in the end.

That last minute equaliser doesn’t take away from how utterly, utterly **** we were though. I felt that we were incredibly complacent in that first half & looked shattered in the second.

Wealdstone were equally terrible - if not worse - but such was the level of our performance we didn’t deserve to beat them. Neither team deserved to win. In fact, neither team deserved anything from tonight.

As for their goal, two free headers inside the box & Colin beaten to a header from 6-yards out is simply inexcusable. We are so disjointed at the back, and once again it’s cost us.

Happy to see Walker back. He’ll replace Bonne soon enough & I think him and Pepple will work well together. I don’t want to dig Bonne out too much, but he is still miles off the pace of the game, which is hugely concerning.

Moncur & Noor looked about as sharp as a play-doh knife. Bridge got some time and space in the second half, which made him look more dangerous than he was.

Pep and Morton were the pick of the bunch for me.

Consistently inconsistent. Onto Saturday where we’ll probably run Gateshead ragged & win comfortably.

back line looked comfortable for 89 minutes then Mr reliable goes off and we go to pot , Colin had a good night until the goal

Midfield kept the ball well without doing any damage , Bridge had a decent 10 minute spell, not enough forward passes

Bonne - I’m just not seeing anything at the moment and Walker showed more desire to get into dangerous areas in his cameo

Nil points would of been a horrendous result so I suppose a point is a positive though we do need to massively improve if we are to put a challenge in ,I feel the balance and tempo is wrong ATM and needs addressing

1st half so tedious, so lacklustre, sloppy.
Then kev made the change and got Morton on...this was a good move. We started passing quicker and more accurately, got players going forward, started to build pressure, to be fair it took a fantastic save from forsons lob to prevent us taking the lead.
Rubbish goal to concede but credit to the lads....and a little taster of what we have been missing and what is to come, WALKER will score goals be in no doubt. He has been a massive miss. He'll put the ball in the net to rather than the others who don't.

Just simply absolutely ****ing awful AGAIN if any clown thinks this is ****ing acceptable or good or part of the process honestly needs their ****inf head cut open and their brains scooped out with a spoon … if this is actually us form now on then I’m done … this is simply ****ing awful
Hope you at least had a good jolly up mate - you and all the lads who travel week in week out deserve so much better.

Back