• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say I admire the bravery of those fans going to Scotland, especially wearing our new pretty pink shirts, no games in Glasgow I hope.:scared:

My mind has changed a couple times about this but I have voted yes. my reasons are - I think we will have a fair few new players joining, meaning not everyone knowing each other personally and also each others games. I have personally does this sort this and you become much better friends and have a kind of bond afterwards hopefully leading you onto bigger and better things and hopefully promotion. This trip would help that, and we would still have games down here that we will be able to watch for pre-season. The funds are there so I think we should trust PS and give the money. I believe it would help the club go far.

I know its cheeky asking the trust after just paying a large sum of money already but if the funds are there and it will help the club then I'm for it.

Thanks Paul for clearing that up.

Scott, thats no way for a supposedly respected Trust Comitee member to speak! I'd thank you if you didnt do that again.

I only voiced what i was told by Paul himself and i have been corrected by Beaver. Apologies to Naps if i have been mistaken, i'm sure i'll get a ribbing for it at some point. Matter over.

Sorry mate, you must have been mistaken. I'm sure I'll take the proverbials next weekend. :smile:

Haven't read all of this, but what if we got promotion from this tour, would you still say it was a bad idea?

I don't think any results from the tour will count towards our points total next season. Any link between tours and promotion/relegation are, I reckon, spurius at best.

I don't think any results from the tour will count towards our points total next season. Any link between tours and promotion/relegation are, I reckon, spurius at best.

Spot on, and likewise any link to League form from pre season friendlies should largely be ignored.

Why not then add the requirement that the loan is repayable if we don't go up?!

p.s lets hope it dont kick off in Scotland like on the pitch last week, when the Wycombe fans come running towards us EVERYONE of the lads who site in W bloke RAN and waited near the goal i was cracking up dont get me wrong i wasnt there to fight but i didnt run has i was only on the pitch to see our players

That isn't the only reason that this is a good idea, it also allows the players to have a bit of a bonding experience which you always need however 'tight knit' the squad is.

That reminds me, Dave. When I went on the Scottish pre-season tour just over 40 years ago, the bonding included some unpleasantness with the locals in a nearby nightclub. Fortunately the seriously large Kevin Fallon was in the squad at the time and no-one came to any harm. You wouldn't get the current players involved in that sort of thing ..........oh, wait a minute

Well I was looking at the positives to take from it...

And I'm saying if we were to win promotion next season if would be despite of the tour not because of it. I'm not saying the tour is good or bad just that it will have minimal influence on the outcome of the season.

And I'm saying if we were to win promotion next season if would be despite of the tour not because of it. I'm not saying the tour is good or bad just that it will have minimal influence on the outcome of the season.

Do you have any evidence to back this up? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just be interested to see what the stats suggest re pre-season tours

I don't think any of recent promotion (or relegation / or doing nothing) seasons had a pre season tour. And I'd rather counter with show the evidence there is a link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back