• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's game

FeedTheGoat

wow, that was easily the most amazing, exhilerating game i've ever seen in my life. first half was absolutely awful, i could only see defeat, we couldn't ever string a pass together.

full credit stevie t, no idea what he said but that must have been some half time talk.

red card...not sure. i didnt see it that well but its one of those, if the ref gives it, its gotta go with a red card too. from then on the game just descended into chaos.

freddy was alive and kicking, for those 45 minutes he was easily the best player i've ever seen, tricky, show-boating, scaring the absolute sh!te out of anyone and everyone. his goal was an immense deflection but he did beat about 6 players so deserved it.

then all of a sudden we were 3-2 down. it happened so quick, defense left off the men and got their shots in, suddenly went from elation to complete grimness.

the goat popped up with a goal from a set piece, suddenly getting all those who were criticising him to cheer and sing feed the goat. you know who you are, support the team, don't slag anyone off. singing we want bradbury from early on, yeah that's gonna encourage the goat isnt it. just glad he proved you wrong and scored a crucial goal. and if you questioned his commitment, he grabbed the ball and legged it to kick off. that's really the attitude of someone who doesn't care.

then got the free-kick and freddy put the ball down with such conviction. goal was inevitable, the wall seemed huge and no way 10 yards back, but it was a beauty, keeper got both hands to it and still couldn't stop it.

all in all, the worst 45 minutes i've ever seen, followed by the best. i've been up and i've been down, its been a topsy-turvy roller coaster. that is a truly classic game that will long live in my memory. absolutely amazing, still cant believe it to be honest. crazy game, that's why football is so great though, for days like this.

oh and credit mark gower, what a celebration at the end!! again i bet those booing him at cardiff were the ones cheering him today.

legends, all of them. quality day and a vital 3 points

well it sounds like u didnt enjoy it much
tounge.gif

Woeful defending, and sloppy midfield, especially Gutts again. It seems a couple of teams have done their homework. Run straight at us and we struggle.

Great game for the neutral and 3 welcome points. Petts made a difference for me in the second half.

Wow! Chesterfield first time round in the FA Cup was good, but this beat it by a long long long way. Im sure some of you are sitting at ya P.C this evening cursing that you didn't go! Curse away as you missed an absolute cracker. The game really did have everything, and i've never felt so tired after watching 90 mins of football.

Freddy was brilliant, a true magician and someone who will one day play in the top tier of English football. He scores goals for fun, and once given time, can do so much damage. He was never gunna miss the pen. The 2nd was an excellent run, and the bit of luck he got ... very well deserved. The third was class. He got it into the smallest of gaps and sent all 600 of us mad. He should have got a 4th late on when the goalie saved his shot with his rather dodgy leg ... somehow!!

What a day. Col Ewe, MK Dons and Bourmuff away all to do in the next 6 weeks. Its going to be a rollercoaster ride but we're 15 points clear of 7th place. Play-offs guaranteed?!

Kev

smile.gif

It was so noticeable at the time how that goal against Rotherham seemed to free Freddy into form. Such a bloody shame that he goes and gets a ban just as he's playing so well. He made it 40 odd games last season without being booked once. This season he's got 5 bookings and that sending off! Gutts now has 8 bookings this season by the way, 2 more than Maher.
wow.gif

How did Mitchell do?
rock.gif

three points in the bag... and Eastwood has started to score again! he's gone from no goal in six games to four goals in two games. What a turnaround!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Feb. 18 2006,21:06)]It was so noticeable at the time how that goal against Rotherham seemed to free Freddy into form. Such a bloody shame that he goes and gets a ban just as he's playing so well. He made it 40 odd games last season without being booked once. This season he's got 5 bookings and that sending off! Gutts now has 8 bookings this season by the way, 2 more than Maher.
wow.gif

How did Mitchell do?  
rock.gif
mitchel had a poor 1st half, but who didnt. i thought he was very lively in the second and his pace caused them problems

we were fecking awful in the first half - we looked like 11 blokes who'd never met before picked off the street.

Gutts was shocking, the Goat just too old and slow to chase anything down, Barrett constantly taking the man before the ball, Cole his usual shagged out self.

But the one shining light was Sir Freddy of Eastwood, who looked very sharp and lively ( when he got the ball to feet ).

If someone had told me we would win 4-3 today I would've had them carted off to the loony bin
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Duffy the Super Shrimper @ Feb. 18 2006,21:17)]three points in the bag... and Eastwood has started to score again! he's gone from no goal in six games to four goals in two games. What a turnaround!
four in two eh
laugh.gif
did he actually score the one on tuesday when we lost at Brentford 2-0 then mate?

Back