• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's attendance!

8,800 - Yeah, right!

Please can someone tell me where the other 3400 would have sat if they had also turned up?

I would say 10,500 nearer the mark.

my team will be investigating

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ May 08 2004,23:26)]so?
If they are playing the figures and using the money elsewhere then good luck to them as long as we dont get caught.
... ummmm? depends where elsewhere is!

Apparently Torquay brought 1,500, but I thought they brought nearer 2,000 to be honest. The East Stand Blue was a bit sparse, but apart from the North-West corner the place was packed!
rock.gif

Over in the West - they had sold out of all the tickets and then decided to let people pay cash on the turnstiles.

Indeed. The South and East had officially sold out and the West had sold all of the tickets that they had. They then opened up the block nearest the North-bank and let people pay on the gate (with no ticket in return).

I was surprised to see the official attendence figures, to say the least.

Yeah I just gave the guy a quid and went over to the West block W.

The south hadn't sold out, I looked across and saw a few spare seats in the Lower. It was definitely higher than 8,800, though. There were a few spare seats in the west corner of the away end but apart from that it was virtually full.

Yeah, I noticed a few empty seats in the South. Not many but a few. Which begs the question, why were they were turning people away from the ground at 2.50pm? I saw a few people give up and go home before the announcement that the West block W was going to be opened and had I not travelled from Surrey just for the game I'd have probably gone too.

You got in for a quid on the door? I didn't think they'd be doing concessions on the door so paid £15 instead of £7. That would have been four pints in the Students Union later
sad.gif

I can't think how you can say that. It was totally proven beyond question on here a couple of weeks ago, by an American accounting system (that everyone uses), that Southend can't possibly fiddle the gate figures. And never have.

Perish the thought.

I think all you have to do is look at the attendance for the Colchester game. That was 9,603 and I think the attendance on Saturday was definately that if not more. As Torquay bought more fans than Col u did and I didn't see many spare seets except in the noth West corner.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 09 2004,15:42)]I can't think how you can say that.  It was totally proven beyond question on here a couple of weeks ago, by an American accounting system (that everyone uses), that Southend can't possibly fiddle the gate figures.  And never have.

Perish the thought.
The suggestion that there was room for another 3,000 plus is frankly ludicrous.

It might be an interesting chat, then, when "sufcintheprem" responds to this thread. He'll soon put you right and leave you in no doubt that there's absolutely no chance that Southend's attendance figures are anything less than 100% accurate.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 09 2004,22:22)]It might be an interesting chat, then, when "sufcintheprem" responds to this thread.  He'll soon put you right and leave you in no doubt that there's absolutely no chance that Southend's attendance figures are anything less than 100% accurate.    
biggrin.gif
Sure, and he believes in Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairies and everything he reads in the Echo ... and that Bentley scored our goal yesterday!

Back