• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Bit of Fun Tinpot!

BEERMONSTER

Saga Lout⭐🦐
Having read a wide range of opinions across various threads this season and no more so than this week I note how the term 'tinpot' is so passionately used by some posters to express their positivity and reaction to all things Southend United, be it policy, ownership, or team related.
So I was wondering if SZ could introduce an award for the most 'tinpot' post or comment of the week, collectively choosen by the MODS perhaps? Maybe a 'virtual' trophy to go with it? Something like attached possibly:-
Anyway just a thought but in keeping with an awful lot of posts perhaps a 'tinpot' one!
Disclaimer:-
The opinions expressed above are purely that of the writer and any accusations that sarcasm is contained within will be considered to be 'tinpot' and subject to ignorance 😉

Attachments

• HC2qXwge_400x400.jpeg
    HC2qXwge_400x400.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 7
Great footballing term.

Along with "it's a joke" (when it clearly isn't & no-one is laughing).

Coming in close behind are the terms "amateur" & "non-league".

Overall, I have been quite impressed by the standard of football in the Conference - a lot, lot better than it was 10 or 15 years ago I would say.

Great footballing term.

Overall, I have been quite impressed by the standard of football in the Conference - a lot, lot better than it was 10 or 15 years ago I would say.

@Rattus Norvegicus 'Aplomb' and 'greasy surface' - when referring to a rain affected pitch. Two more terms / words rarely heard outside of football.

Great footballing term.

Overall, I have been quite impressed by the standard of football in the Conference - a lot, lot better than it was 10 or 15 years ago I would say
Still tinpot tho... 😙

Back