• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Sun's Fundraising Campaign

The Sun's Fundraising Campaign - Heartfelt charity or paper selling ploy

• Charity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ploy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ron Manager

Whilst not making light of the terrible events of late last week in Russia I can't help thinking that The Sun, with its fundraising campaign for the School Siege victims, are far more concerened with good publicity and selling papers than genuine charitable concern.

Am I being too harsh?

"Rupert Murdoch in not looking out for Rupert Murdoch Shock!"

There's a headline you'll never see!

Come on, don't make me laugh... since when has that man given a sh*t about anyone bar himself?

rock.gif

The Sun loves to play holier than thou; however, ask yourself this: if one of the children in the massacre turned out to be the love-child of David Blunkett, do you think for a second that they'd not run that story out of respect for him and his Russian mistress...?

Do me a quaver...!!

laugh.gif
ghostface.gif

I vote: cynical ploy!

Matt

I'm always wildy sceptical of anything the Sun says or does, and it's quite possibly one of the most insincere papers I've had the misfortune to read.

This is a newspaper that prints articles about paedophiles on one page and then says that that lass who plays Hermione in Harry Potter (can't remember her name) is "growing into a beautiful young lady" whilst she's still underage on the next.

This is a newspaper that prints articles claiming that Sex Education and loose morals are turning Britain into a nation of single mothers, whilst in Sun Woman's Party Girls sction it ask them if they went "home alone".

Pathetic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Sep. 07 2004,18:00)]I'm always wildy sceptical of anything the Sun says or does, and it's quite possibly one of the most insincere papers I've had the misfortune to read.
It's difficult to know which is more insidious, the Daily Mail or The Sun.

Neither are fit to wipe my arse with, though.

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Sep. 07 2004,18:00)]that lass who plays Hermione in Harry Potter (can't remember her name)
Emma Watson...

EmmaWatson.jpg

In my defence, before questions are asked about how quickly I was able to provide that info, I should point out that I am the South Upper's very own "Harry Potter", and so should be expected to know about things Hogwartian...

cool.gif

Too be honest it doesnt really matter if it is a ploy.

If they are raising money for the families who lost their lives to that filth then good luck too them.

How about the Royal families 'work' for charities?

There's a ploy for you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Sep. 08 2004,15:08)]How about the Royal families 'work' for charities?

There's a ploy for you.
Now, don't get me started on those parasites...........

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 07 2004,18:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Sep. 07 2004,18:00)]that lass who plays Hermione in Harry Potter (can't remember her name)
Emma Watson...

EmmaWatson.jpg

In my defence, before questions are asked about how quickly I was able to provide that info, I should point out that I am the South Upper's very own "Harry Potter", and so should be expected to know about things Hogwartian...

cool.gif
Dunno about Matt the Shrimp, more like Matt the Beast..!
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Sep. 08 2004,15:08)]How about the Royal families 'work' for charities?

There's a ploy for you.
Would you give that shower of f*ckwits a proper job then Cyril?
rock.gif

I was reading in Private Eye this morning that an edition of the Sun had on the front page a story of how watching violent computer games had turned two boys into evil killers.  However about four pages in was a competition to win several copies of a game that was the meanest, kick ***, nasty, ect. ect. to ever hit the screen!
I know where my votes going.  (Though, as someone posted earlier, they have raised £210,000 so far.  As long as Lord Archer is not on charge of distribution!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Sep. 07 2004,17:16)]Whilst not making light of the terrible events of late last week in Russia I can't help thinking that The Sun, with its fundraising campaign for the School Siege victims, are far more concerened with good publicity and selling papers than genuine charitable concern.

Am I being too harsh?
No, not harsh at all.

I can see towards both arguments to be honest though depending on what type of person you are.

The Sun whether you like it or not, is a massive paper and can influence peoples view. If you’re a celebrity, its one of the main papers a lot of them will try to keep on the right side of as they know how crucial their publicity can be.

The Sun can cause an immense amount of pressure for anyone, from Politics to Football.

I'll admit I buy The Sun, but also another more 'respectable' paper for the actual news!

However, if you read it today it lists who has pledged cash. The celeb’s know this and they disgracefully use the paper as much as the paper uses them. Its a cruel and sick world.

If someone declined to give to such a worthy cause that The Sun is raising for, they could well print that and it could have catastrophe outcomes for that person.

Sick, however that’s the way it is in today’s Celeb world, the majority are just out for themselves. At the end of the day though The Sun is raising money and it is for a Charity, that can only be good for the children and families of Beslan.

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 07 2004,17:20)]
[b said:
Emma Watson...

EmmaWatson.jpg

cool.gif
This signed poster... is it on your bedroom wall by any chance?
rock.gif

Emma Watson

xxx

wow.gif

Back