• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Sideshow is over

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Ryan Sidebottom has retired from international cricket. Never again will we see his flowing locks in a Test or ODI. Not one of the greats, but a fine player on his day and he always looked angry. CHeers Sideshow.

Never my favourite and always looked laboured in his efforts but gave his all to the cause, and in 2007 IIRC had a brilliant year in test cricket. I believe he's leaving Notts and he'd be a good signing for Essex, but I think he's going back home to Yorkshire.

Ryan Sidebottom has retired from international cricket. Never again will we see his flowing locks in a Test or ODI. Not one of the greats, but a fine player on his day and he always looked angry. CHeers Sideshow.

surprised as he didnt start his international career til quite late and I would have thought he would have wanted to play when he can. Guess he must have been advised he was not going to make the Australia trip and his additional availability should put his value and chance of a 3 year contract up as he looks for a new county contract.....

I thought it was Sussex he was going to, and - incredibly for a player who seems to have been perpetually injured for England - on a 3 year deal!!!!

Not his biggest fan, but I think it's a bit of a poor show to quit on your country in a world cup year (unless the selectors gave him a heads up). At least wait until after the World Cup, a la Capey. That said, he might not be that much of a loss on Indian pitches where the ball won't swing and his lack of mobility in the field would be shown up.

[video=youtube;ZPF4H9oE1ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPF4H9oE1ic&feature=related[/video]

Back