• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The season to come and away game allocations

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Tomorrow is fixture release day.

For once we will hopefully start the season free of an embargo and points deduction.

The club is within spitting distance of being owned by decent owners and finding itself well run.

Logically we finished in the play off spots last year but were denied a place by the deduction. We also played out large parts of the season hampered by squad numbers. No such problem will exist this coming season. Throw in the departure of notts county, Wrexham and chesterfield and on paper the league looks easier. We all know it doesn't necessarily work like that.

However, id expect blues to be right up there and really challenging for top spot.

I think Barnet could be the team to beat. They have added to a strong squad and if blues can finish above them, it will bode well. There will of course be a few surprises as always.

Season cards will go on sale soon and would love to see blues take their support as best supported in the league and make roots hall a fortress. Get roots hall repaired and there is no reason we cant get 7-8k average.

Only Oldham can stop that happening. Their fans continue to feel disgruntled and numbers definitely dropped off last year.

Away games will be tricky this coming season and everybody travelling is definitely going to struggle to find a ticket for certain games. Braintree will be a big problem.

So. Where do you think we will finish and who will provide the threat for the top 3?

How many away games will sell out?

Get those season cards and get ready to arrange those away days.

Last edited:
Having a season card is irrelevant in terms of getting tickets for an away game. They are all sold by the home club.

True (I've edited) but it might be a factor this season. Especially if season cards hit 5k.

I guess it depends if blues get given tickets to distribute or if we have to buy via the away club direct.

You never know if we might actually get a run in a cup competition.

For once we will hopefully start the season free of an embargo and points deduction.

The club is within spitting distance of being owned by decent owners and finding itself well run.

Logically we finished in the play off spots last year but were denied a place by the deduction. We also played out large parts of the season hampered by squad numbers. No such problem will exist this coming season. Throw in the departure of notts county, Wrexham and chesterfield and on paper the league looks easier. We all know it doesn't necessarily work like that.

However, id expect blues to be right up there and really challenging for top spot.

I think Barnet could be the team to beat. They have added to a strong squad and if blues can finish above them, it will bode well. There will of course be a few surprises as always.

Season cards will go on sale soon and would love to see blues take their support as best supported in the league and make roots hall a fortress. Get roots hall repaired and there is no reason we cant get 7-8k average.

Only Oldham can stop that happening. Their fans continue to feel disgruntled and numbers definitely dropped off last year.

Away games will be tricky this coming season and everybody travelling is definitely going to struggle to find a ticket for certain games. Braintree will be a big problem.

So. Where do you think we will finish and who will provide the threat for the top 3?

How many away games will sell out?

Get those season cards and get ready to arrange those away days.
Top three (in no particular order); Barnet, Us, and Oldham.

Look at the numbers we took to away games last season, although this might have been inflated by the fear of every game being the last.

I would guess that anything south of Tamworth will be a sell out with the exception of Yeovil and maybe FGR, plus there are some of the smaller grounds in the south.

Notts County & Wrexham were not in the National League last season

True (I've edited) but it might be a factor this season. Especially if season cards hit 5k.

I guess it depends if blues get given tickets to distribute or if we have to buy via the away club direct.

You never know if we might actually get a run in a cup competition.
I don’t think there was a single club last season that didn’t sell tickets directly. They aren’t going to change their systems for one game, regardless of how many season tickets we sell.

It makes no difference to them whether a sold out away end is made up of season ticket holders or not.

AFC Fylde
Boston
Braintree
FC Halifax
FGR
Tamworth

These are all on my needs list.

Hopefully somewehere a bit of a trek away for the first game. Really enjoyed Kings Lynn in our first season.

AFC Fylde
Boston
Braintree
FC Halifax
FGR
Tamworth

These are all on my needs list.

Hopefully somewehere a bit of a trek away for the first game. Really enjoyed Kings Lynn in our first season.
Fylde was a really good away day last season, nice ground and easy to park. Definately going again this season

Notts County & Wrexham were not in the National League last season

No, I know that. Merely stating that those 3 have left the division without any big financial hitters.

I doubt Oldham will spend big and it's unlikely we will.

Barnet have signed quite a few but hardly big name signings.

No, I know that. Merely stating that those 3 have left the division without any big financial hitters.

I doubt Oldham will spend big and it's unlikely we will.

Barnet have signed quite a few but hardly big name signings.
Who’s your top three? I know you mentioned Barnet in your original post, and us.

Will probably look at

Dagenham, Barnet, Aldershot, Sutton, FGR, Woking, Tamworth and York. Not been to Sutton, FGR or Tamworth

Only FGR, Boston and Fylde that I've not been to this season. I'll also be visiting Daggers, Barnet, Sutton, Wealdstone, Woking, Alty, Braintree, Ebbsfleet, Gateshead, Maidenhead, Tamworth and York.

I was surprised how Southern-heavy this league actually is, even other teams within the midlands aren't much out the way.

Given the club has been held back and restricted for so long without a clear promising push at promotion I can foresee the success-starved fan base will sell out most away ends and a good home crowd which hopefully we can continue momentum into league 2 which isn’t too disimilar in quality from this league.

I reckon Braintree will be the surprise team in NL next season. Barnet and Southend though battling for the main prize

Back