• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Podcast / Fanzine The Price of Football: interviews Tom L & Liam (All At Sea)

Just finished this and, as @Hawkwell Blue says, it is well worth a listen. @Liam AAS in particular comes across really well, Tom Lawrence gives some interesting behind the scenes details too.

The future looks bright (at last!).

“Wouldn’t wish the last 12 months on any football club…………welllll…… apart from Aldershot”

🤣😂🤣

Would like to know what’s Kieran’s face was like when you said that 🤣😂

Interesting takeaways for me, from Tom Lawrence:

The sale of so many season cards means that the club are going to have to switch on parts of the stadium that have been switched off so we can fit everybody in.

The Consortium own the club, the training ground and have a long lease on Roots Hall with a roadmap to getting the freehold WITH A LONGSTOP DATE

We will need to take on some loans to get the East Stand redeveloped (including confercing, banqueting, office space, gym, sports bar) which will require putting a charge on the land. After this loan has been paid off they will look at a Pitch Owners Agreement, which Tom is a big fan of.

(Comment: as an example of this, see Chelsea Pitch Owners https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Pitch_Owners - if only the original Supporters Club had followed this model!).

Agreed. A great listen and good to get some extra flavour of what has gone on. In @Liam AAS another example of an articulate fan who has put energy into keeping our club going and in Tom a passionate individual who combines the passion with his professional skills - we are in safe hands

That was a really good listen.

The question at the end about five years time was quite interesting. In terms of advancement, I think your first step is the hardest. Getting out of the NL is bloody tough, but you look like you could have a proper cut at it this time.

On the issue of offering yourself to the Regulator as a test case, we tried something similar with the EFL in 2017/18 and even wrote a case model we thought might help, and explained why. As Shaun Harvey was in charge, it fell on deaf ears, but if anyone at the Shrimpers Trust wants to read it, do PM me and I will whizz it across. It might be quite dated now, but equally it might be helpful in some way.

That was a really good listen.

The question at the end about five years time was quite interesting. In terms of advancement, I think your first step is the hardest. Getting out of the NL is bloody tough, but you look like you could have a proper cut at it this time.

On the issue of offering yourself to the Regulator as a test case, we tried something similar with the EFL in 2017/18 and even wrote a case model we thought might help, and explained why. As Shaun Harvey was in charge, it fell on deaf ears, but if anyone at the Shrimpers Trust wants to read it, do PM me and I will whizz it across. It might be quite dated now, but equally it might be helpful in some way.
@jphfitz @Liam AAS @Shrimperstrust @Medway Blue

Noted that Tom mentioned that because of the amount season ticket sales they have had to open more blocks

Back