• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Maths

MrB

Life President
The difference is astonishing. If you consider 50 as the magic number here's a quick comparison:

8/12/06:
P21 W2 D6 L13 F16 A38 GD-22 Pts12
38 points required from 25 games so W11 D5 L9 or W10 D8 L7

30/1/07:
P30 W6 D9 L15 F26 A47 GD-21 Pts27
23 points required from 16 games so W6 D5 L5 or W5 D8 L3

Looking at our run in it now looks so achievable, I don't think it's possible to underestimate the gravity of tonight's result. The last 9 games have reaped us 15 points, over the course of the season that equates to 76 points - comfortably play off form which becomes all the more impressive when you consider that of those 9 matches, 7 were against teams that have been in the premier league in the last few seasons.

Our remaining home game are against:
Scum - 8th
Palace - 13th
Burnley - 15th
Leicester - 18th
Barnsley - 19th
Luton - 21st
QPR - 22nd
Leeds - 24th

After the recent run of form the fixtures now seem to have fallen nicely for us. If we can get something at Stoke we surely must have a huge chance of making an astonishing comeback.

Keep believing!

Last edited:
Nice work B. If you'd said we'd get 9 points out of WBA (h), Cardiff (a), Derby (h) and Brum (a) I'd have been tickled pink.

Just goes to show what a little bit of confidence and belief can achieve.

I have us now down on 51 points after 46 games & that is being realistic.
I got us spot on in the League 2 promotion year and the team beat my prediction by 4 points last season! Both points tallys were guessed around this time of the season.

We can do this now people, but it will be very close. Cue copious amounts of last day biting of finger nails at St Marys, me thinks!

I gave up after the Wolves game, thought that was the nail in the coffin.

Who would have thought we would have won so many games in January, not me!

Our remaining home games all look winnable now, and we are in with a good shout of survival now, especially as theres plenty of teams around us struggling.

Ten points adrift back then.. Now its only four.. We are still firmly in the ****e, but as has been mentioned more teams are being dragged into the relegation bundle ..We do have the advantage of playing a lot of these teams at home, but our record against the bottom half of the league is shocking!..
Lots more ups and downs to come yet this season.. I fear we have too much to do and we dont play well against the more er 'industrial' type teams then we do against teams looking to beat us..But you never know.. Football is a funny ol......etcetc

Back