• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Guardian Long Read

That is actually a brilliant listen.
Yes it was. I have not lived in Southend for 16 year so there were parts of our story that I had missed.

What was amazing was the amount of money Martin wasted on his follies.

But equally amazing was the work that Tom Lawrence did, and not just in the boardroom, but literally getting his hands dirty.

And of course the work of King Kev and his team when they could have easily walked away.

And finally, I am glad he mentioned those supporters that built Roots Hall in the first place, as well as those that helped get the stadium ready for the start of the season.

Last edited:
Just listened to the podcast.

A very good listen.

Makes you just want to love Justin and HATE the Rats that are the martins.
Yep, ignoring some of the strange accents it's well done & a very detailed report on our demise.

Just makes you want to cry really.

brilliant podcast, very well done . 16th June just 5 days away now. God willing it wont be the death of SUFC, My gosh dosent that Rat family have a lot to pay for ,the misery they have put the fans through ,im sure oneday Karma will kick them hard as for the council, they just nobodys or wannabees playing at politics, they dont realise what they are doing is playing with peoples lives. Martins are the same but they have no heart they only care about themselves ,selfish narcisstic family.

Back