• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Games That Matter

Suffolk Shrimper In Dorset

Director⭐⭐🦐
Been done a hundred times before I'm sure but worthy of an update reminder for the seven clubs still in the relegation mix (if we assume Burnley now safe).

Worth noting that on the final day none of the clubs involved play each other.

Couldn't resist adding in my predictions.

Saturday, 14 April 2007
Hull v Colchester, 2-1
Leeds v Burnley, 1-0
Leicester v Norwich, 1-0
Luton v Plymouth, 0-0
Southend v Barnsley, 3-1
Sunderland v QPR, 2-0

Tuesday, 17 April 2007
Leicester v Birmingham, 0-2

Friday, 20 April 2007
Derby v Luton, 1-0

Saturday, 21 April 2007
Barnsley v Crystal Palace, 0-2
Plymouth v Southend, 0-0
Preston v Leicester, 2-1
QPR v Cardiff, 1-0
Southampton v Leeds, 3-0
Stoke v Hull, 2-2

Saturday, 28 April 2007
Barnsley v Leicester, 2-0
Cardiff v Hull, 1-0
Leeds v Ipswich, 2-0
Southend v Luton, 3-2
Wolverhampton v QPR, 3-1

Sunday, 06 May 2007
Derby v Leeds, 1-0
Hull v Plymouth, 4-0
Leicester v Wolverhampton, 0-1
Luton v Sunderland, 0-3
QPR v Stoke, 1-2
Southampton v Southend, 2-0
West Brom v Barnsley, 1-0

I did the above and then worked out the table. Quite exciting really though I must get out more. Anyway, it ended:

Team Pts GD
QPR 52 -16
Hull 51 -12
Leicester 50 -17
SUFC 49 -24
Leeds 48 -25
Barnsley 47 -31
Luton 38 -28

So, we only stay up on final day thanks to others losing. Phew.

Up the Blues:D

Saturday, 21 April 2007
Barnsley v Crystal Palace, 0-2

Team Pts GD
QPR 52 -16
Hull 51 -12
Leicester 50 -17
SUFC 49 -24
Leeds 48 -25
Barnsley 47 -31
Luton 38 -28

Pretty much agree with all of your predictions, except for this one which I have down as Barnsley winning, which would put us in the relegation zone then...

You need not look any further than the Prediction League though and see actually all of our predictions are usually pretty worthless!! :hilarious:

I think barnsley will beat Palace and as a result we need to get something at Plymouth.

Or Southampton.

Interesting how it's virtually top six v bottom six on the last day of the season. A surprise result might be what decides who stays up and goes down. Whatever happens, can everyone assure me that they won't be relying on BBC score updates when at 1-1 in injury time at St Mary's!!

I don't see Hull getting many points from Colchester, Stoke and Cardiff. In fact if they don't win one of those matches I think they'll be down by the final weekend.

I don't see Hull getting many points from Colchester, Stoke and Cardiff. In fact if they don't win one of those matches I think they'll be down by the final weekend.

S'funny but i was thinking the same thing the other night including the Wolves match . Seems incredible after our performance up there that they could end up being the ones who go . Still a long way off yet - but the Ewes are just the sort of side that will cause them problems and are on a roll right now so here's hoping .

Barnsley will beat Palace I think and I wouldn't hold out on WBA beating them on the last day. That is why we HAVE to beat them on saturday.

the Ewes are just the sort of side that will cause them problems and are on a roll right now so here's hoping.

If the ewes win again on Saturday it'll be the second time in 6 days I have celebrated 3 points with them.

There is something really not right about that, but hell it's a no brainer if they can give us a helping hand to survive!! :thump:

If the ewes win again on Saturday it'll be the second time in 6 days I have celebrated 3 points with them.

There is something really not right about that, but hell it's a no brainer if they can give us a helping hand to survive!! :thump:

If they help us stay up - I'd even be happy for them to get to Wembley - and the way they are going who's to say they wont.

If they help us stay up - I'd even be happy for them to get to Wembley - and the way they are going who's to say they wont.

Big ask for us to win at Hull, if only because that will make it 5 wins on the bounce

However, I have a sneaking suspicion we may just do it, we have to ignore our 5-1 demolition of them earlier in the season though.

One piece of good news, we have won our last couple of away games and that was our main weakness this season so you never know, probably good for you that we play them next as we still have an outside chance of playing for something until our next loss puts an end to it.

Big ask for us to win at Hull, if only because that will make it 5 wins on the bounce

However, I have a sneaking suspicion we may just do it, we have to ignore our 5-1 demolition of them earlier in the season though.

One piece of good news, we have won our last couple of away games and that was our main weakness this season so you never know, probably good for you that we play them next as we still have an outside chance of playing for something until our next loss puts an end to it.

I'd take a Hull v Col U draw but if you can make it 5 on the spin, please feel free!

Hull arent in bad form so wont be an easy game but can see Col U getting a draw easily there. That will do, anything else a bonus.

Back