• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The DVD!

RobM.

Manager
Got part of the way through but Terry Alderton - oh dear. Surely we can get someone better than that? How many times does he say "Southend zip"? Oh and he mumbles repeatedly. My advice would be play a CD as you watch and let's get someone decent for voice-over next time. Someone like...me!
Maybe we could get 50 supporters to do a game each!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ Dec. 30 2004,17:18)]Got part of the way through but Terry Alderton - oh dear. Surely we can get someone better than that? How many times does he say "Southend zip"? Oh and he mumbles repeatedly. My advice would be play a CD as you watch and let's get someone decent for voice-over next time. Someone like...me!
Maybe  we could get 50 supporters to do a game each!
What are you on about mate?? Terry supports the club whenever he can for nothing other than the love of his club. He's just about the only person in the media who ever mentions us and is a MASSIVE asset to the club.

Muggy little tw*ts like you running him down, just because you know his name really get on my tits.

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm sure if I were in the media I'd mention the club as well.
Even so, he still mumbled.

I WILL DO IT AND I'M SURE YOU WILL HEAR ME!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ Dec. 30 2004,18:06)]Thank you for your kind comments. I'm sure if I were in the media I'd mention the club as well.
Even so, he still mumbled.
Terry Alderton may be a "demigod" for his support of the Shrimpers (but surely so should we all) but, having actually managed to watch the DVD at last, I do agree with Rob's comments; Alderton does come across as rather dull and boring on the commentary.

WS

I had to look on the 'net to find out who he was!
So Jávea, according to "Gordon Ramsey" that makes us 2 "muggy little tw*ts".

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Dec. 31 2004,13:52)]I do agree with Rob's comments; Alderton does come across as rather dull and boring on the commentary.

WS
The problem with the commentary was that it gave no insight or feel for how the season was going - was purely a statement of fact along the lines of "Constantine scored, then the opposition scored. Next game, Gower scored, then the opposition scored ...". You don't need a commentator to spell out the obvious! As a result it was fairly monotonous and didn't communicate the emotion of what was a real rollercoaster season.

Some basic background info would have helped eg "Southend started the game in x position with Dudfield making his debut" etc etc. Showing the league table every, say 6 games, would have been good. Would also have helped to show more than just goals - penalty misses, sendings-off, glaring misses etc to give a bit more background (although I gather this was not possible due to the production company).

Having said the above, still pleased I bought it - the footage outside the Millenium Stadium brought back some spine tingling memories - and I would definitely buy similar DVDs in the future. The picture and sound were also infinitely better than the videos from the late 80s early 90s.

Oh, and finally, this is not a pop at Terry Alderton, top bloke for what he does for the club.

My God, does anyone actually big up the Club or do you you lot continually have a go at just about anything and everything.

I don't know why the Club actually bother to try or do anything cos everything done is slated by you lot.

DVD voice over is useless what do you want them to do get Martin Tyler and Andy Gray!!

You seem to have the perception that SUFC is a huge Premier$hite club that warrants a list celebs, well I got news for you!!

OK. It was great DVD. The commentary was the best ever and I wish I'd paid £100 for it. Happy now? Put your chocolate bear back in your satchel and go to bed - it's nearly 6 o'clock.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Dec. 31 2004,17:04)]My God, does anyone actually big up the Club or do you you lot continually have a go at just about anything and everything.

I don't know why the Club actually bother to try or do anything cos everything done is slated by you lot.
It's called freedom of speech, mate. You clearly have no concept of it. Are you by any chance one of President Blair's politburo?! Jeez!!

What you want us to say? That the DVD is the best fecking thing ever? No. It's a decent round-up of last season but could be better. Maybe SUFC will take on these comments and apply them to the 2004/05 edition.

Anyway, how come you're not brave enough to register ... ?

WS

feck's sake ...

Back