• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"The Champions-elect...."

Shrimp in a Kilt

Another Yeovil viewpoint this time from

The excellent Ciderspace.

Highly recommended read, a comprehensive and insightful report.

My favourite quote:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If all the Yeovil fans' wives and girlfriends were as quick and eager to get to the tackle as the Southend players were there would certainly be many smiling faces around the Town tomorrow...

An excellent report, but who told them Bentley was the left back?

rock.gif

The champions elect title is wrong, YOU all know that the mighty U's are in pole position.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Feb. 05 2006,15:52)]The champions elect title is wrong, YOU all know that the mighty U's are in pole position.
Yes and with their 3,000 strong band of followers roaring them to victory, who would bet against them winning the Premier$hite in a couple of years time? The Sleeping Elf has just woken up....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Feb. 05 2006,15:52)]The champions elect title is wrong, YOU all know that the mighty U's are in pole position.
So why are you telling us? It was written by Yeovil Town fans.

[b said:
Oh whatever, here was me thinking YOU were currently in second.

Games in hand mean nothing until you convert them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Feb. 05 2006,16:08)]
[b said:
Yes and with their 3,000 strong band of followers roaring them to victory, who would bet against them winning the Premier$hite in a couple of years time? The Sleeping Elf has just woken up....
You may be a bigger club than us, but you won't be troubling the Premier$hite with your crowds either.

Never mind, when we're a point clear with a game in hand you can cheer yourself up looking at the attendance table. You win great trophies for that.

So long as we're in the promotion places, I will still be pinching myself with delight looking at the league table.

Points are better than games in hand, generally yes.
But when you can afford to lose one of those games and still go top i would rather be in our position right now.
If i were you lot i would start a Parky for Leicester / Derby campaign.:p

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Feb. 05 2006,20:16)]Points are better than games in hand, generally yes.
But when you can afford to lose one of those games and still go top i would rather be in our position right now.
If i were you lot i would start a Parky for Leicester / Derby campaign.:p
Yes and with your two games in hand being away games i'm sooo sure you'll get all six points as well !

You're still not in "pole position" which is what you claimed. thats the point.

You could go top this week. You could also drop points against Scunny (who are much better than their league placing suggests) and/or Huddersfield. Swansea had games in hand on us and look what happened there. Its always better to have your points on the table.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tr0ublegum @ Feb. 05 2006,19:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Feb. 05 2006,16:08)]
[b said:
You may be a bigger club than us, but you won't be troubling the Premier$hite with your crowds either.
Of course not now no but I'm sure Reading fans didn't think they'd be getting 20,000 crowds every week 10 years ago (we were getting slightly bigger crowds than them at that stage). In the past 2 seasons our fan base has increased by close on 100% so in maybe 10 years time with hopefully a brand spanking new stadium who knows? Nothing surprises me in football nowadays.....

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back