• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Podcast / Fanzine The Blues News Podcast with Rhys Ellingham

Honestly folks well worth taking the time out to hear Rhys. Good insight on the work done behind the scenes at Roots Hall. Snippets of life pre and post COSU, past frustrations, hopes and direction going forward.

Was surprised they consulted with SUEPA regards the 4 new Legends mural in the Blues Lounge and could only come up with 2 new Legends and 2 who are already on the other wall!
Surely there must have been 1 or 2 others who fit the bill..

Very enlightening. Will be interesting if the groundsman agrees to be interviewed, I'm sure he can unlock a few skeletons from their cupboards

Personally i love to hear stories from all walks of life especially if a person has been within a role for a length of time as they give so much and have obtained so much knowledge over their time.
April often used to give me little snippet's of the club history and the stories she used to tell people when showing them around the stadium

Often it is people behind the scenes that make and tell the best stories and hold the best interviews

Last edited:
Very interesting podcast. Well worth a listen. Unbelievable that over 400 of the new season ticket holders didn't attend 1 match at Roots last season. That just underlines the Rat effect.
The groundsman interview is a good idea. Chris Ball is a really good bloke and I'm sure he's got a story or two to tell from his 30 years at the club. I've heard rumoured that they are trying to bring back the old groundsman Ken Hare, that the Rat sacked after 27 years faithful service. Also a good move in my opinion .

Last edited:
Very interesting podcast. Well worth a listen. Unbelievable that over 400 of the season ticket holders didn't attend 1 match at Roots last season. That just underlines the Rat effect.
The groundsman interview is a good idea. Chris Ball is a really good bloke and I'm sure he's got a story or two to tell from his 30 years at the club. I've heard rumoured that they are trying to bring back the old groundsman Ken Hare, that the Rat sacked after 27 years faithful service. Also a good move in my opinion .
I haven't yet listened but will. But I can't understand why you'd buy a season ticket and not attend because of RM. Surely you'd just not buy it in the first place? I can't see what possible benefit there would be in forking out your dosh but not seeing any of the games... that also doesn't sit with the notion of "I'm not putting any more money into his pocket" that many people had.

I haven't yet listened but will. But I can't understand why you'd buy a season ticket and not attend because of RM. Surely you'd just not buy it in the first place? I can't see what possible benefit there would be in forking out your dosh but not seeing any of the games... that also doesn't sit with the notion of "I'm not putting any more money into his pocket" that many people had.
Thar should read 400 new season ticket holders.

Reactions: fbm
Sorry for the confusion. That's 400 that have bought season tickets for this season, never attended 1 match at Roots Hall last season. 🤣
I've edited it to new now. 👍

Reactions: fbm
Was surprised they consulted with SUEPA regards the 4 new Legends mural in the Blues Lounge and could only come up with 2 new Legends and 2 who are already on the other wall!
Surely there must have been 1 or 2 others who fit the bill..
As Kay says, timescales were tight, with the club wanting to make a quick impact from the very start of the season, and the four that were picked were simply chosen to represent a broad timeline within living memory for most of us.
This kind of thing is always subjective, and what I can say at this point from what I know is that more is coming and I think folk will love it.
We have many club legends that as you rightly say would fit the bill, and I know that this is something very much on the club's mind.
I thought it was very encouraging that the club consulted with us on this, and I'm sure that theme will continue in a more wider vein too under this great new era that we are all now only just starting off on and learning how to do so together.
UTB

As Kay says, timescales were tight, with the club wanting to make a quick impact from the very start of the season, and the four that were picked were simply chosen to represent a broad timeline within living memory for most of us.
This kind of thing is always subjective, and what I can say at this point from what I know is that more is coming and I think folk will love it.
We have many club legends that as you rightly say would fit the bill, and I know that this is something very much on the club's mind.
I thought it was very encouraging that the club consulted with us on this, and I'm sure that theme will continue in a more wider vein too under this great new era that we are all now only just starting off on and learning how to do so together.
UTB
Was Cricko unavailable for helping with some of our original players then?

Back