• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Clean Up! Help needed Friday 9th August

We told Tom at our Liaison Meeting on 25th July to put another one of these on - the consortium weren't keen on the idea but glad they've changed their minds even at this late date.
Just out of interest, did he say why they weren't keen? I only see this kind of fan engagement as a positive thing, making the fanbase feel closer connected to the club and our poor old stadium.

Just out of interest, did he say why they weren't keen? I only see this kind of fan engagement as a positive thing, making the fanbase feel closer connected to the club and our poor old stadium.
He didn't really explain fully, I think there was an element of health and safety but I also felt that it was because they didn't seem to want to be seen to be "needing" us, which I found a bit odd as it was such a good community day last year. It's almost like they wanted to be beyond that kind of thing now.

He didn't really explain fully, I think there was an element of health and safety but I also felt that it was because they didn't seem to want to be seen to be "needing" us, which I found a bit odd as it was such a good community day last year. It's almost like they wanted to be beyond that kind of thing now.
Maybe they just want to become a professional outfit who doesn't rely on fans to spruce up the place just to ensure it's just about ready for the season. I always felt Ron was a bit cheeky relying on fans' goodwill in that fashion. But yeah you make a point about the community aspect, hopefully they'll improve that in other areas (fan zones, events etc) as it's great for fans to feel part of what's going on.

I think maybe the consortium felt it was their responsibility as good custodians but and it's a big but it gives the fans the opportunity to do their bit, say thanks to Justin and the consortium for what they have done and bring fans together for the common good. An undying memory of last year was Liam going round the pitch in his wheelchair picking up litter and chatting to everyone and I just thought, "this is what it's all about".

Back