• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Clean Up! Help needed Friday 9th August

Cricko

Zone Owner ⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
Just received this message via Wardy from the club.

Help required Roots Hall.

Evening all SUFC Supporters.

Today the club got the sign off for the West and South Stands following a visit from the council authorities, after completing numerous structural tasks which is great news for the season.

The amount of work that has been done to get to this stage is unbelievable and today I have walked the stadium with Tom Lawrence and now the final tweaks need to be done ready for the opening game against York on Saturday.

Some of you may say why hasn’t this been done beforehand and the simple reason is the club couldn’t allow supporters to enter the stands without a safety certificate which they now have. I have offered my services free of charge to help the club where it needs to be for Saturday but I need a strong team of 50 supporters on Friday morning from 9.30am to help with picking up rubbish, De-weeding where necessary, cleaning seats and just a general tidy.

We all know the stadium needs some TLC, however the club is now calling for help which I am sure many of you will support. I understand many of you will be working Friday but some like me might be able to help out to get the club looking good again by taking a day off. Everything since COSU taken ownership has been positive and we need this to continue, it’s not about supporters taking pictures of poor areas and running the club down it’s about the areas we make look better and saying “working together to make our club proud once again”

So if you are free on Friday please put your name down on here or private message me so I can collate a list of names and let get Roots hall sparkling again ready for the party on Saturday If you have brooms, buckets and gloves that would really help with the process.

Have just found out that Justin Rees will also be in attendance with the clean up.

Wardy

Last edited:
If you are willing to help please say so on this thread so we have an idea of numbers.

Sadly to short notice for me 😢
Am now desperately trying to change my plans so can come along

I’m working or would is this on the Facebook page as well maybe ask cp to put on twitter more fans will see it. Great work though all who do help

Enjoyed it last year, felt good to be part of it, and I am happy to be involved again this year. Will be there at 9.30. Happy to clean seats, sweep, weed, paint if needed, though if the latter, would want to bring suitable old clothes.

Hi Cricko/Wardy,
Count me in, I'll be there at 9.30 with Tina. Hopefully there's water in the West Stand this time around to clean the seats etc. Tim F

Back