• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Talent Spotting The Os

TMWLT

Banned
why bother with scouts ?? when you can find the player on the reccomendation of a fan, why I know 11 players locally on a sunday that could play for southend , some are young some are 40 plus and play up front thats no barrier then is it Also do I get some of my share money back if I find a player??

i'm 36 so i'm hoping to take my boots along to the first friendly although at my age i might be better off trying out for the youth side. :)

why bother with scouts ?? when you can find the player on the reccomendation of a fan, why I know 11 players locally on a sunday that could play for southend , some are young some are 40 plus and play up front thats no barrier then is it Also do I get some of my share money back if I find a player??

Hope these players they dont play for your sunday team... I hear your team came bottom of the table......

I have a good feeling we are going to have a very good season......

Thank god the bad days of the 80s are well gone

HAPPY DAYS

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Typically this marketing message sent out by the club today has been taken out of context by certain people.

It's good the club are asking players to do this, although it's a shame that something like this wasn't in place when certain people up here (also not sure if MtS ever got as far as mentioning him to the club) were raving about Alan Gow (about to secure a decent money move from Rangers to the CCC) when he was at Airdrie United as well as Overseas Shrimper's infamous ignored recommendation of Maltese international Michael Mifsud well before he came over to England.

* - does it work both ways? If we hear of rumoured player interest and know a bit about them can we email in and say for example "don't waste any money on that Richie Foran, he'll only cause trouble!"? ? ?

I'm more concerned that whoever wrote it didn't know how to spell Cristiano Ronaldo right. Slightly worrying.

Whilst I think it is good, because lets face it, as fans we all think certain players would improve us, I'm intrigued as to how it would work. Does a big list get compiled and sent on to Tilly so he can tick and cross next to possibles or something!? :unsure:

We had a couple of years ago a player recommended by a fan in Norway. The club had him watched a few times, the fan sent you-tube esque footage and we signed him. We had to wait for his domestic season to finish and then wait for something else. Gylfi Einarsson was his name, he played a handful of times and then vanished back to where he came from. The morale of this long and backwards story is let the professionals do there job and if you think someone is a good player cause you've read about them in the papers etc they have usually been spotted already.
Thank you for your patience :tumbleweed:

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back