• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swift Cover

The General

The Mouse (*)
Doing my yearly slog looking at all the comparison sites etc... along with Direct Line, amongst others.

These guys are cheapest and was just wondering if anyone is with them and are they any good if you have had to claim etc...?!

Kev

Just noticed they have a £300 compulsary excess (prob cos of my age) on top of the £200 i had down. So, it actually turns out Direct Line offer me the best deal. Just over £500 with £150 excess, Legal protection and a courtesy car!

Kev

Just noticed they have a £300 compulsary excess (prob cos of my age) on top of the £200 i had down. So, it actually turns out Direct Line offer me the best deal. Just over £500 with £150 excess, Legal protection and a courtesy car!

Kev

put it this way kev your about same age as me I have a 3L 6v coupe and I pay 1,300 a year with 1000 access so if you more then that I want to see what your car is!

but hey take the high price sting while you are young and every year the price will drop and drop till it becomes very reasonable and you will be able to insure much higher cars with allot less cost!

Have a look at www.quidco.com You can get £130 cash back via the Prudential , plus free breakdown cover. Just insured my wife's Yaris for £64 net cost , fully comp with breakdown cover and £0 excess (£194 - £130 = £64) Breakdown cover alone is worth another £50.... Easy Money......

Assuming that the Pru is cheapest for the person wanting the insurance. It might be that some cars and/or drivers can be insured cheaper elsewhere even including all the discounts.

Its worth doing your homework and if the company is available via Quidco then it is worthwhile going that route to get it. You will though have to wait for your money and nothing is ever guaranteed with them.

Assuming that the Pru is cheapest for the person wanting the insurance. It might be that some cars and/or drivers can be insured cheaper elsewhere even including all the discounts.

Its worth doing your homework and if the company is available via Quidco then it is worthwhile going that route to get it. You will though have to wait for your money and nothing is ever guaranteed with them.

Fully agreed with all points.

Thanks for the advice. The Pru is over £100 cheaper than Direct Line, plus u have the free breakdown cover worth another £50, so even if the £130 cashback doesn't materialise, its still worth going with.

How do you go about claiming the money back?! Just prove you brought the insurance after a month or so?!

Kev

You goto the Pru via Quidco links. I think Quidco recommend you clear out the 'Cookies' on your PC first as this is what is used to 'track' the transaction.

The money will appear , normally after 2-3 months, under 'my earning' on quidco. From there you can initiate either a BACS or Paypal transaction to claim the money.

Also if the time comes to get House Buildings and Contents insurance, one option might be to split the transaction with someone like Lloyds TSB (via quidco of course). They currently offer £120 cashback and I've read (Moneysavingexpert) they will pay it on a per transaction basis, so £240 back if you make one transaction for Buildings cover and another for Contents.....

The GF is currently looking at Contents insurance for when she goes back to Uni but no-one has beaten her £200 quote from Direct Line yet ( that is for a 5 bedroom house though! )

Back