• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sven Goran-Eriksson RIP

Very sad as seemed a genuine guy who certainly lived a full live.

Not sure benefit is the right word but knowing his time was limited at least allowed him to meet several of his former players and friends and manage Liverpool at Anfield which was on his ‘bucket list’.

If nothing else 5-1. As a player he rarely scored but as a ‘player’ he had more success.

Genuine enthusiasm for the game. A saviour for a fellow struggling club and a great tribute in the Liverpool legends game a few weeks back.

Awful news. He was a very good manager, although could have done more with our “golden generation”, however he was an even better person and that had come across really well in all of the tributes I’ve read about him.

I didn’t realise just how good his track record was before England, and his longevity as a manager.

His attitude once his diagnosis was announced has been superb, and one we can all take something from.

RIP Sven 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

When people are given a terminal date, it gives you time to mourn them whilst they are alive. I had the same with my father in law, he was given months to live and when he went after deteriorating massively it wasn't as hard as a sudden death.

Sven was a great character and came across as a real gentleman. I've listened to lots of pods with players who have played for him and they all speak so highly about him. He was a manager and not a coach!

As much as I dislike Liverpool, hats off to them and everyone involved in letting Sven get his dream of managing Liverpool.

The only one downside is that Ulrika managed to make it all about her as usual. Came out of a hiatus from social media just to take a sly dig, the horrible woman. I'm sure she'll find a way to make money off the back of his death.

Anyway, RIP Sven, a true gent and a fantastic character in football that will be missed.

Back