• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC goalkeeper gloves?

CrippsCorner

Striker
Hi all. It's my lads birthday coming up and he usually moans about going in goal at his training... but this week he said he enjoyed it and wants some gloves to help with practice.

My mum said she wants to buy these for him. I had a quick look on Sports Direct but after applying a few filters there's still over 140 different pairs to choose from! 😦 to help narrow it down a bit, I was wondering if anyone knew what gloves Collin wears? Would be cool to be able to say these are the ones being used at Roots Hall. I did try Google Images and zooming in but it's a bit hard to tell.

Other than that, any other recommendations welcome for a (turning) 8 year old 😃

Hi all. It's my lads birthday coming up and he usually moans about going in goal at his training... but this week he said he enjoyed it and wants some gloves to help with practice.

My mum said she wants to buy these for him. I had a quick look on Sports Direct but after applying a few filters there's still over 140 different pairs to choose from! 😦 to help narrow it down a bit, I was wondering if anyone knew what gloves Collin wears? Would be cool to be able to say these are the ones being used at Roots Hall. I did try Google Images and zooming in but it's a bit hard to tell.

Other than that, any other recommendations welcome for a (turning) 8 year old 😃
....just don't replicate his boots!

Probably Selsport they seem to be quite popular in the lower leagues

The only ones of Colins I can find at the moment are https://www.theoneglove.com/ he seems to wear a white pair of The One Glove GEO 3.0 at the moment.

View attachment 33959
View attachment 33960

Correct.

Collin uses One Glove as his choice of goalkeeper gloves.

When I played, I preferred the “roll finger” goalkeeper gloves. This basically means the latex on the palms goes down the sides of the fingers and thumbs, rather than just covering the palm as such.

IMG_9076.jpeg

Like this.

They look great! I knew you guys would track them down. Got to admit though, I think they're going to blow mum's budget as anything below £45 is unfortunately out of stock 😯 any other recommendations for around £25 and under?

I just had a look at what Dan Bentley uses, given he is one of our own and one of our better keepers in history.

Seems to be Sells, but also look to be pricey. I don’t think these more bespoke companies churn out millions and/or bother with the entry level market the same way the bigger brands do with sports direct etc.

I still have a pair signed by Dave Beasant. They stink, still have a little stick to them, and come out once a year for the very keenly contested father and sons football tournament in Devon.

They look great! I knew you guys would track them down. Got to admit though, I think they're going to blow mum's budget as anything below £45 is unfortunately out of stock 😯 any other recommendations for around £25 and under?
Good luck in the search but quite ambitious to hope Collin uses gloves that are under 25 quid!

I found some like those in an old cupboard at my mums! Arsenal for some reason!? Though I never supported them for a second. My son wore them once or twice but they pretty much literally fell apart in his hands...

Back