• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock Pulls No Punches

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
PS reaction to todays defeat...............he's not a happy bunny. Adams took 18 months to build his squad and he views PV as potential Champions. They played as he would like us to play. Willing to accept the criticism of the fans but not willing to accept the standard of performance from the players today............he has indicated his displeasure and said that the only one who came out with his head held high today was the goalkeeper. If players don't perform they will be moved on.............indicated that he may not have made the best selection today and that there will be changes for the Wolves match, in order to find the right mix for Bradford City............where his priority lies.

Last edited:
Wow what a refreshing post match interview with Paul Sturrock. No excuses no hard luck story just honest assessment of the game. We were poor the players did not give their all and it was unacceptable, and all credit to the man he was big and brave enough to say so. Good on you Paul that interview has elevated you in my eyes. Bet it wasnt very pleasant in the dressing room after the match.

Wow what a refreshing post match interview with Paul Sturrock. No excuses no hard luck story just honest assessment of the game. We were poor the players did not give their all and it was unacceptable, and all credit to the man he was big and brave enough to say so. Good on you Paul that interview has elevated you in my eyes. Bet it wasnt very pleasant in the dressing room after the match.

Giving good interviews isn't very useful if his team can't do anything in League Two. I'd rather judge a manager on how his team performs on the pitch, rather than how he preforms behind a microphone.

I take it he is not concerened about Bradford away and Gillingham at home then ?

Yes, of course, he mentioned that we are now on the road for 2 games but we have 2 cup out of the next three and that gives him the opportunity to try a few things out before the next home game v Torquay.

Giving good interviews isn't very useful if his team can't do anything in League Two. I'd rather judge a manager on how his team performs on the pitch, rather than how he preforms behind a microphone.

I didnt say it was a good interview(His performance with a microphone actually leaves alot to be desired) I said it was a refreshing interview no worked their socks off crap or we didnt get the rub of the green. Yes Tilson was a god but his post match interviews were so boring just for once I longed for him to tell it like it was and not blame the ref or bad luck. So i loved the fact the man (Paul Sturrock) was man enough to admit his mistakes and the players short comings. When you leave a match totally p'd off its nice to know the management feel the same way and arent making excuses for a dire performance

if he lies and says that the team played well, the players won't give a damm and will go into training/matches thinking they are doing enough, hopefully this will make them them realise that he aint going to be a pushover. I would think that that if they don't perform on the pitch they won't be here much longer!

Yes, of course, he mentioned that we are now on the road for 2 games but we have 2 cup out of the next three and that gives him the opportunity to try a few things out before the next home game v Torquay.

The cup games against Wolves and Gillingham will be used for trying different formations and players. Lets be honest, no one expects a result for us next tuesday, and as for getting to wembley in the Johnstones paint trophy (or whatever it's called), its not going to happen this season.

I agree. I love Tilson but I got fed up of him insulting our intelligence last season. I'd love it even more if Sturrock could sort the team out. He was right - they were a shambles today.

I just listened to his interview on the BBC. He's spitting feathers about the performance, but what he's got to realise is that he brought in 9 of the 11 starting players, they are HIS players and to a man they were woeful. Grant and Pato at least have something about them. If they're not good enough why did he bring them in?

I just listened to his interview on the BBC. He's spitting feathers about the performance, but what he's got to realise is that he brought in 9 of the 11 starting players, they are HIS players and to a man they were woeful. Grant and Pato at least have something about them. If they're not good enough why did he bring them in?

Because he had 3 weeks to build a squad?

Harsh. He had to get a team together in an incredibly short period of time thanks to the prior mismanagement of the club. And 'Pato' has very little about him. He looked no better today than he did against Southampton at the end of last season when, after a particularly poor effort on goal following a one-on-one with the keeper, we all started chanting 'That's why we're going down.' Grant was poor, particularly in the first half. I got really fed up of his wildly inaccurate long range efforts on goal in the second half too. Sturrock's choice, Easton, looked a better player today.

Harsh. He had to get a team together in an incredibly short period of time thanks to the prior mismanagement of the club. And 'Pato' has very little about him. He looked no better today than he did against Southampton at the end of last season when, after a particularly poor effort on goal following a one-on-one with the keeper, we all started chanting 'That's why we're going down.' Grant was poor, particularly in the first half. I got really fed up of his wildly inaccurate long range efforts on goal in the second half too. Sturrock's choice, Easton, looked a better player today.

Completely disagree with you. Paterson (and remember he's only 20) looks a very good player especially when he has the ball at his feet. If he got any sort of service yesterday he would have been our main threat. He was constantly making good diagonal runs and pointing to the space where he wanted the ball and got NO passes. Even when he was stuck out on the left wing he was still getting past players and winning corners. For me, he is our only goal threat and should be played as an out and out striker. Grant tried to hold together a terrible midfield, if you thought Easton looked a better player today then you are sadly incorrect, Easton had a shocker, didn't win a single tackle or pick a single pass all match, the game completely passed him by, at least Grant tried.

But I wouldnt like to be the players if Luggy gives them a ferguson type hairdrying!

Just what I was about to say, He didn't hold back in the interview so I'd imagine some cups were flying in that changing room and hopefully gave them the kick up the backside that was desperately needed.

Do you think that's why Spencer had his hair chopped off ?

I imagine that conversation would have gone something like this.

"Hor you Spenny, get rid of that wee alice band and your nancy boy goldylocks or you'll no be in ma team"

Last edited:
Just what I was about to say, He didn't hold back in the interview so I'd imagine some cups were flying in that changing room and hopefully gave them the kick up the backside that was desperately needed.

We can afford cups?

Back