• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strength in Depth

Chrisb

Forever Blue⭐⭐🦐
Hopefully in time this can be rectified but, at the moment, we really do not have any options off of the bench to change a game (Moncur aside). The substitutes for York really changed things and I see that John Lewis came off the bench today to score the equaliser for them in the 85th minute v. Sutton as he did versus us. In years gone by I can remember the crowd chanting the name of someone on the bench who they wanted to come on. Let's hope we can soon make some signings to give us those options.

Hopefully in time this can be rectified but, at the moment, we really do not have any options off of the bench to change a game (Moncur aside). The substitutes for York really changed things and I see that John Lewis came off the bench today to score the equaliser for them in the 85th minute v. Sutton as he did versus us. In years gone by I can remember the crowd chanting the name of someone on the bench who they wanted to come on. Let's hope we can soon make some signings to give us those options.
otherwise it’s a very long season ahead the blues were very poor today

Yes - I recall the West shouting for Martin Robinson (left-winger) back in the late Xmas period circa '87 v Bristol Rovers when it was 2-2. He came on, was inspired and we won 4-2. Happy grandad memories - and I hope they're right.

Just been searching for it and at least the result is right: ->
Mon 28th DecLeagueSouthend United4-2Bristol Rovers

We’re most definitely still 3/4 short and it’s unlikely we’ll get those 3/4 in, so play offs are our aim rather than auto promotion as I’ve said before. I see Still/Maher being blamed here but blame Martin, if anyone. Our squad is light on numbers and creative midfielders especially, get another Moncur in who can last 90 mins and we’ll be much better in the final third.

Certain players we do have also need to step up, as has been pointed out. Let’s maybe get behind them rather than slag them off though. Start to groan at every missed chance and throw abuse, it’ll affect players .. Acquah a case in point and look how well he’s doing since he left us. It’s not like these lads aren’t trying.

Back