• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stereophonics Concert

Saw them last night at the Metro Club in Perth, Western Australia.
Typical rocker gig of old classics and plugs of new tracks, probably a 6/10 performance due to the lead singer engaging in what has to be the most boring mid song banter ever.

He sounded like Roland Rats welsh mate 'Errol'.
Extremely tedious and he should have just keep qiuet.

In all, worth about $43 of the $60 i paid.

I saw them in Notts last year and it was an ok gig, but the songs went from fast rocky ones, to the slow ballads, and back and forth, had no flow to it.

Now Green Day on Sunday at the Milton Keynes Bowl on the other hand, now that was effing brilliant. i'd give that a 9/10 easily. Brilliant location, seemed just like a festival, all the old classics mixed in with the current crop of genius, absolutely awesome day out. just too many 14 year olds dressed in all black...

Funnily enough Green Day played at the Rock-it festival just up the road from me in Joondalup, and it was full of the same kiddies in goth stuff just as you've mentioned.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 23 2005,11:29)]I saw them in Notts last year and it was an ok gig, but the songs went from fast rocky ones, to the slow ballads, and back and forth, had no flow to it.

Now Green Day on Sunday at the Milton Keynes Bowl on the other hand, now that was effing brilliant. i'd give that a 9/10 easily. Brilliant location, seemed just like a festival, all the old classics mixed in with the current crop of genius, absolutely awesome day out. just too many 14 year olds dressed in all black...
You may have seen on the board that I had tickets to the Saturday but couldnt go.

One of things that I wasnt looking forward to though was the amount of pre-pubescent cocks, with their key-chains, baggy jeans etc...

*Shudder*

When I saw Stereophonics at the Wembley Stadium they struck me of how boring they really are. Luckily I was there to see Aerosmith so the day was not wasted. Highlight of the day for me was getting to see Black Crowes again after last seeing them back 1990.

Anyway how can be so down on the youngsters ?? We were all young once, I remember walking around Donnington - Monsters of Rock '88 in just black with long hair wearing the infamous GNR Rape scene T-shirt (I had managed to get it before it was banned.) thinking I was the bees knees, We all like to fit in even when we are rebelling.

So what if the young rockers wear black and chains. Similar old farts wear blue jeans that are of the straight leg variety. Each one of us will think that the time when discovered the music and what was hip to wear is the better choice.

I got into Hard Rock when Sleaze was being pioneered by GNR and Faster Pussycat, luckily by the time I got to work, Funk was pushing to the surface with Faith No More and Red Hot Chili Peppers, so it was now ok to have short hair at concerts and not look like the dweeb who does not know the scene
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clickety Clique @ June 24 2005,09:13)]When I saw Stereophonics at the Wembley Stadium they struck me of how boring they really are. Luckily I was there to see Aerosmith so the day was not wasted. Highlight of the day for me was getting to see Black Crowes again after last seeing them back 1990.

Anyway how can be so down on the youngsters ?? We were all young once, I remember walking around Donnington - Monsters of Rock '88 in just black with long hair wearing the infamous GNR Rape scene T-shirt (I had managed to get it before it was banned.) thinking I was the bees knees, We all like to fit in even when we are rebelling.

So what if the young rockers wear black and chains. Similar old farts wear blue jeans that are of the straight leg variety. Each one of us will think that the time when discovered the music and what was hip to wear is the better choice.

I got into Hard Rock when Sleaze was being pioneered by GNR and Faster Pussycat, luckily by the time I got to work, Funk was pushing to the surface with Faith No More and Red Hot Chili Peppers, so it was now ok to have short hair at concerts and not look like the dweeb who does not know the scene
wink.gif
I went to that Wembley gig! I thought Lenny Crabsticks was awesome too... IIRC 3 Colours Red also played?

Great day
biggrin.gif

Back