• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC BLUES

First XI
Not sure if I have missed any announcement, but as we approach a new season under new ownership I am surprised we have heard nothing either from, or about Stan Collymore. Certainly nothing from the club as far as I am aware, which all seems very strange.
I am sure I remember reading something on here from Stan where he said he would update all of us on his current position as soon as the takeover was finalised. But again I don’t recall having seen anything at all.
Anyway if you have left us Stan I would like to thank you for everything you did for us, both during your playing days and during your more recent involvement with our club.
I never forget watching your immense skills on the pitch for us back in the day and then the relatively recent photo of you suited and booted in our home changing room when you officially became a member of our back room team.
You were a proud man that day Stan and you did so much to turn things around for us at such a difficult time. I don’t need to document all your achievements, as us fans know what you did and I would suggest almost every single one of us will be forever grateful to you.
If you are still working with us in some capacity then I will be happily surprised, but if not then the very best of luck to you in your current and future endeavors and thanks again for everything.

This was addressed during the ‘evening with the consortium’ at the Cliffs Pavilion. The question was asked regarding his role and a diplomatic answer was given, thanking Stan for all his hard work and rather implied that was now a closed avenue.
Implying something isn't addressing it, it's skirting around the issue and leaving the outcome subject to interpretation.

Stan is no longer listed on the club website staff directory - it's reasonably clear (to me) he's no longer involved - but a statement from the club would be nice

Last edited:
He is no longer with the club in an official capacity, hence why not listed on staff directory. As said above he was thanked publicly by consortium at Cliff’s Pavilion event and TL said Stan is always welcome back at any time to Roots Hall, so there has been no fallout. It seems very clear cut, what more are you seeking?

Stan stood by and helped us when we most needed it and for that we are and will be forever thankful and grateful.
It was Stan that introduced us to Tom and also help appoint Kev and Co.
Personally, I only have nice things to say about the gentleman and I loved watching him play for us and then standing side by side with us
I am sure if he makes another appearance at our club he will be welcomed back by all with open arms

He is no longer with the club in an official capacity, hence why not listed on staff directory. As said above he was thanked publicly by consortium at Cliff’s Pavilion event and TL said Stan is always welcome back at any time to Roots Hall, so there has been no fallout. It seems very clear cut, what more are you seeking?
There has been no formal announcement/recognition, should be relatively normal when someone senior, or very public facing, moves on in an organisation

Pretty disappointed in the way this has all been handled - of course, we're not party to any discussions that may or may not have gone on behind the scenes, but, one thing is certain, without Stan helping to start all this, we'd never have got to where we are now.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Stan, for being our friend in our darkest times.

Pretty disappointed in the way this has all been handled - of course, we're not party to any discussions that may or may not have gone on behind the scenes, but, one thing is certain, without Stan helping to start all this, we'd never have got to where we are now.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Stan, for being our friend in our darkest times.
To be fair none of us were privy to discussions between Stan and the club, and for all we know the low key standing down, an ever open door coupled with much thanks and gratitude from the new owners may well be exactly what Stan wanted, rather than a memorandum stating his services are no longer required.

In that podcast with Tom Lawrence and Liam AAS, Tom does make some fond mentions of Stan. Notably that when Kevin Maher left the room after his interview, Stan jumped up and screamed “I want to play for Kevin Maher”. On top of the other bits he did back then, and in his playing days, I’d say he’s more than paid us back for giving him his chance. Thanks SVC

In that podcast with Tom Lawrence and Liam AAS, Tom does make some fond mentions of Stan. Notably that when Kevin Maher left the room after his interview, Stan jumped up and screamed “I want to play for Kevin Maher”. On top of the other bits he did back then, and in his playing days, I’d say he’s more than paid us back for giving him his chance. Thanks SVC
Yes, Tom told us this way back. Shows Stan's genuine enthusiasm!

Without Stan's input would Tom Lawrence ever have been appointed as CEO?
Without Tom would/could the Club have survived the many dark days experienced in the last eighteen months?
There is a case to be made that without Tom's efforts the club would have gone under either last season or the season before. This makes bringing Tom to the Club even more important than the many goals SVC scored for us all those years before.
All credit to him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back