• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stag Night

piersend

Being an exiled shrimper and living in Leicestershire, I have the misfortune of working in Mansfield, so work with Derby and Leics and Forest fans. A mate of mine who is a Forest fan is coming down on a Stag Night on Friday and stopping over for the whole weekend on this Stag Night, there are 38 of them altogether. There goin to the Hall on Sun. Anyway, they were wondering what pubs and clubs would be best for em. I was tempted to direst them to the Cliff! However does anyone have any suggestions, I heard the Sunrooms was pretty good, but wouldn't know because I moved out of Southend when 16. Guess the seafront should be OK for them if there that mob handed! Whats the boozer next to the central station called (It used to be the Dickens)? Any replies much appreciated. Oh, they wanna watch the England match on Saturday, any pubs with good Sky coverage I thought the Hogshead.
smile.gif

not really Shrimpers Chit Chat so moved to, naturally, The Pub

There is a new club that has opened in the highstreet called Mayhem, cost £4 million or something. Meant to be quite flash.

Where abouts in Southend are they staying? I could then give you the best places to go in their vicinity.

Dont think Mayhem really caters for Stag Partys, unless you splash out for a "vip" pod.

For $hits and giggles Reflex will probably be your best bet for some cheesy stag fun, or if you want to aim lower - Seymours

there staying at the Tower in Westcliff, probably the only place that would risk 38 P++sed lads! The're 30 year olds mainly so I guess a good late bar would suit as well as a club. The Last Post is OK, what about the Baker's Bar?

So they're pretty close to town....

Bakers had a big refurbishment a few months back. Its a good night out there. 3 floors of p%&sed up sleazy fun!

The last post is one of the biggest pubs in the town, but no football. Saks usually has a big screen for the footy. Or they can try Yates which is also sizable.

I dont think TALK (TOTS) will be their cup of tea, it gets very young! And plenty of attitude!

Despite being Forest fans they seem to have a decent sense of humour the stag is being dressed up as daffyd
from Little Britain on Saturday night-although he doesn't know it yet-The Cliff sounds like the best bet to me
biggrin.gif

I'd give Baker's Bar a whirl. Went there the other week and it seemed a lot better tha what I remember as a wee lad.

Also seems like the sort of place you could get away with going on a Stag Night. Just.

cheers for your input everyone, no doubt I will hear of all the escapades come Monday morning, lets hope at least they don't have 3 points to celebrate

Dont think southend police will like that having nearly 40 p%&sed lads down the for the weekend. bound to cause trouble especially with the england game on aswell. Maybe it b a good idea if your friends dont show there forest colours oer start any chants.

You got to go to 'Bentleys' (lap dance club) if it's a stag do, Lucy rd, a few doors down from TOTS or TALK (or whatever it's called these days!).
Fit woman and only a Tenner a dance!

smile.gif

Why does everyone assume they will be going out in their Forest colours. I imagine they will dress up in the same way as everyone else (groom apart) when they go out at night.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Oct. 06 2005,17:54)]Why does everyone assume they will be going out in their Forest colours. I imagine they will dress up in the same way as everyone else (groom apart) when they go out at night.
Yeah i suppose they wont but just saying after so many beers they are bound to start some sort of trouble especially with there been so many of them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 06 2005,18:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Oct. 06 2005,17:54)]Why does everyone assume they will be going out in their Forest colours. I imagine they will dress up in the same way as everyone else (groom apart) when they go out at night.
Yeah i suppose they wont but just saying after so many beers they are bound to start some sort of trouble especially with there been so many of them.
Well then they will mix in well with all the other muppets who go out looking for a row.
We have our fair share of trouble makers too dont forget!

Bentleys lap dancing place is now called Muse and will on just about fit 38 of ,em in !!! Saks is good atmosphere for England games but does get packed but only 5 min walk from Tower hotel . Storm nightclub in town might be ok for a Friday night dress restictions not too harsh and 30 something crowd .

ps Yates doesnt have football on and theres a big new decnt looking boozer Varsity ( part of a chain ) which opened last week and is probably the " in " place , wouldnt have thought seafront was a great idea especially at night unless they want trouble but ok during the day at a push

Thanks again, they've set of now so I guess time will tell where they end up, don't think they're trouble, but I take the point 38 lads, 3 days solid drinking and well who knows what will happen, where's this new Varsity place, might have to try it myself when a next come down for a match? Usually go in the Cricketers before a game, used to be popular with my crowd, but they don't tend to use it these days, prefer Leigh myself, but wouldn't inflict 38 p++sed up Forest fans on the locals there, figured they'd be better off in town with the burberry brigade
biggrin.gif

Might give him a ring and suggest Storm, Saks and Muse though, cheers

Varisty has like ten screens - 2 big screens and 7 others doted around the bar. Mayhem is just a posed-up Talk really. Bakers Bar is best place for a mixed aged range. If they want a laugh Reflex but have to get there early due to it gets packed very quickly. Chameleon, talk and zinc? forget about. Churchills and storm are def possibilities. The last post now show sport - they have had screens built in quite recently (much to my amazement when i went in there the other day). Apart from that Saks is good.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back