• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Squad 2010/11

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐🦐
Staff member
Currently Confirmed

Goalkeepers
Steve Mildenhall **

Defenders
Simon Francis **
Johnny Herd

Midfielders
Franck Moussa **
Jean-Francois Christophe
Anthony Grant
Damien Scannell **
Stuart O'Keefe

Forwards
Scott Spencer
Harry Crawford
Matt Paterson **
Francis Laurent

Possible Signings and Contract Renewals (with possibility rating)

Goalkeepers

Defenders
Johnny Herd - 5 stars - Signed a new contract

Midfielders
Franck Moussa - 1 star - Offered a new contract but rumoured to have stupidly high wage demands

Forwards
Scott Spencer - 4 stars - Expected to sign a new contract
Harry Crawford - 4 stars - Expected to sign a new contract

Confirmed / Possible Departures (with possibility rating)

Goalkeepers
Steve Mildenhall - 3 stars - Thinks he can play at a higher level and the usual Swindon, Bristol Rovers, etc. will probably be interested.
Kelvin Jack - Signed for Darlington

Defenders
Simon Francis - 4 stars - In negotiations with Brentford over a deal and probably got a few other offers yet to come
Adam Barrett - Has had his contract terminated
Osei Sankofa - Released

Midfielders
Alan McCormack - Has had his contract terminated
Franck Moussa - 3 stars - Rumoured to want higher wages and to play at a higher level but could end up still here, has potential which may attract a move.
Damien Scannell - 4 stars - Close to a switch to D&R and already turned down a new contract offer.

Forwards
Matt Paterson - 1 star - Charlton and Millwall among others rumoured to be interested but unlikely to move on again after such a short time and may expect more game time next season.

THIS LEAVES US WITH 7 PLAYERS WHO ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING LIKE STAYING AT SUFC
And at least 3/4 of those could leave

Last edited:
All I can find on the website is that we offered him one in March and there's been nothing since about him signing it or not...

I would've thought that nothing will be announced on its own. All contracts and signings will be put on the official site at the same time, probably in the next 2 - 3 weeks, including a new assistant manager. To give a bit of a buzz around the club. That's what I'd do anyway.

I would've thought that nothing will be announced on its own. All contracts and signings will be put on the official site at the same time, probably in the next 2 - 3 weeks, including a new assistant manager. To give a bit of a buzz around the club. That's what I'd do anyway.
Possibly but there have been two articles just saying that Scannell and Spencer are expected to sign new deals, individually...
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2055341,00.html
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2061212,00.html

I think it will be very quiet until Tilly and players return from their holidays.

Give it a few weeks and things will be hotting up...

The club are obviously so skint they had to sell all the pens to pay the taxman. Perhaps the Trust can lend them a nice biro so the contracts can get signed.

I think it will be very quiet until Tilly and players return from their holidays.

Give it a few weeks and things will be hotting up...

Im sorry but we heard this last year. Players are signing up for other clubs. I dont believe we're an attractive proposition anymore.

i just want any update just to get that ugly mug keane off the OS. he's on there for about a week now. just shows how slow news is at the moment.

Maybe that's why Crawford signed "defiantly". "Sign" "No!" "Sign" "Oh alright then!"

Crawford has signed a two-year deal.

I've no idea why it wasn't on the official website, but it has been in the programme.

Isn't this thread similar to the contracts one we have at the top of the page?

I love hearing that all these players think they can play at a higher level after just getting relegated.

Last edited:
The "O's" made their 6th and 7th signings of the close season today - some clubs are getting on with it.:)

They have signed Dean Cox, George Porter, Alex Revell, Lee Butcher, Terrell Forbes, Aaron Brown and Elliot Omozusi so far .....

Tilly is already back from holiday my mate is good
friends with him he plays in tillys Sunday team he is going on the **** with him on Saturday going to ask him a. Few questions just watch this space

Tilly is already back from holiday my mate is good
friends with him he plays in tillys Sunday team he is going on the **** with him on Saturday going to ask him a. Few questions just watch this space

Spelling-Grammar_Time.gif

Back